Today was brace day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TheSarahMonster

Today was brace day!

#1 Post by TheSarahMonster »

I got braced!!!

It wasn't so bad really. Yes the lip spreaded/ckeek retractor was annoying, but my lips were fine. I did get lip balm breaks.

This wasn't as bad as the appliance that was "installed" last summer (which is gone as of today). My mouth isn't ripped to shreads (yet). I don't have pokey wires or anything. My teeth are starting to get a little sore though. I may be taking some Advil in a little while.

It isn't as bad as I though it would be. And it doesn't look that bad either.

I could get used to this. Talking isn't as hard as I though it would be. That appliance was really hard to talk with for the first few days. This is nothing compared to a screw digging into your tounge and a spring pinching it.........

TLB in Minneapolis

#2 Post by TLB in Minneapolis »

Congrats! That's great that things went smoothly. I am going in for a consult tomorrow. Do you know what type or brand of ceramic braces do you have?
Thanks!

LadyTr0uble

#3 Post by LadyTr0uble »

CONGRATS!! :D

Elyse84

#4 Post by Elyse84 »

Your tops look great! I'm getting mine on Friday and I'm getting ceramic ones too.

Glad to know it's not too painful etc. :)

MsViola

#5 Post by MsViola »

Congrats!! Wish me luck my big day is tomorrow.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

lillibut

#6 Post by lillibut »

Welcome to the team!

You're braces look really cool. Heres to a successful journey x

LucyQ99

#7 Post by LucyQ99 »

Congrats!

I wish you well on your journey. After a while, It'll feel like they aren't even in! And you're doing the right thing, keep lots of lip balm.