Has anyone ever tried these??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cor1

Has anyone ever tried these??

#1 Post by Cor1 »

Hi all well I am having alot of pain on one side, due to a small hemangoma on the inside of my right cheek (it is a type of birthmark, which I can't get removed, because there is a vein or artery that is supplying it with blood, and surgery is out of the question) anyways........I've lived with it for the past 37 years, with no noticeable problem before the BRACES CAME ALONG!!!!

Now I have been doing good with the salt water rinses, and I haven't even (well I have tried) but it NEVER WORKS, AND I LOOSE IT BEFORE IT EVERY WORKS WAX!!! :x :x

Anyways, lately my teeth must be rotating into a normal position but ooooh my it is leaving indentations in my cheek, and it is very sore, and I can't get rid of it, because the birthmark will always be there, and like I said I can't do the wax...............soooooo my question is has anyone ever tried these "Comfort Covers" for braces??

I was gonna call my ortho and see if they had or could get me some in before my next apt. because I can't take much more of this pain, at least the other little rubs and what not would heal up and go away, this one won't or can't, so I think I need something kinda permanent, that I can keep on the one side till the teeth have rotated into positition and maybe I might have to keep something on till my braces come off, cause I don't know what else to do???!!! :( :(

Looking for any kind of help or suggestions.

Thanks again,

Cor1

jennielondon

#2 Post by jennielondon »

I'm not sure about comfort covers but my ortho gave me a sample of Zilactin. It's FDA approved for cold sores but many of her patients have had success using it on irritated cheeks. It creates a film over the sore and will supposedly help it heal in 2 days.

I haven't tried it yet (although I am about to when I get home... stupid bands have been irritating me all day) but it seems like it would be worth looking into. At least it's something to tide you over til your next appointment.
jennie london
socially awkward since 1984