LIttle teeth???...**0_o**

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

turrrtlelove22

LIttle teeth???...**0_o**

#1 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Someone told me I had little teeth. Now the mirror staring thing is ever present. I never noticed. But I'm wondering is that why there is sooo much space? Grrrr...I'm so self-conscious now... :roll: :roll: :roll: :?

LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#2 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I have to admit sometimes I am...but more out of excitement for something I though I would never have... :D :D :D I've always thought they were normal sized, but then again it's coming from a person who thinks their teeth are big, so maybe if compared mine do look small... :D Another question for the list...haha.

I stare more out of pure fascination than anything. :o :o :o ....that's me...intrigues by little things... :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm glad I'm getting to the point where I don't even feel them sometimes...FINALLY...felt like my lips stuck out a mile for the longest time.

I've noticed that too, some ppls comments I've read here there are not out of the ordinary really...but safe? I guess...I don't know how to put it without being offensive... :roll:

Mirror fetish?...being aroused by looking in a mirror? To each his own...LOL...

I've always wondered, How would one know that a member has a fetish or not? Like could someone totally fake it or something? I guess most ppl who do 'lurk' and don't register or anything?....hhmmm enquiring minds want to know....

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

rsprouse

#3 Post by rsprouse »

Teeth come in all shapes and sizes. I have seen some of the largest teeth in petite women and small teeth in large males. Of course these were outliers so you cannot say it is typical. But your teeth are not unreasonably small.

Your diastemas are consistent with improper posterior occlusion. I am not sure how old you are but were your teeth less flared and closer at a younger age? Before you started braces did you have good contacts in the posterior or did most of your teeth touch in the front? Regardless there is no need to feel self conscious and you are doing the right thing if you want it corrected.

Good Luck,
Rory

turrrtlelove22

#4 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Teeth come in all shapes and sizes. I have seen some of the largest teeth in petite women and small teeth in large males. Of course these were outliers so you cannot say it is typical. But your teeth are not unreasonably small.

Your diastemas are consistent with improper posterior occlusion. I am not sure how old you are but were your teeth less flared and closer at a younger age? Before you started braces did you have good contacts in the posterior or did most of your teeth touch in the front? Regardless there is no need to feel self conscious and you are doing the right thing if you want it corrected.

Good Luck,
Rory

I'm 25. Yes, when I was younger, just looked at some pics recently, I had almost no gap in the front or it was very small and they weren't flared at all, really. They touched in the back and some in front but not much. I do remember the dentist saying I had LOTS of space. That was the last time I went to a dentist. My parents were divorcing so braces was the last thing on their mind.

When I went for my consult, I was told that my teeth in the back meet where they are supposed to. I never had any problems biting down in the back, except when my wisdom teeth came in and frequently bit my cheeks in the back. Not a problem now that things have shifted... :D

I hadn't realized just how bad the flaring had gotten until I saw some profile pics...gah...insanely horrific...and even more ghastly were the xrays...ughhh...no wonder I love my braces so much...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

From what I understand tho, my frenum is low and thick and has aided in some of the flaring on top. Not sure about the bottom. I do think that tongue habits had a hand in it too. Even more so in the last 2 yrs. I tend to clench and push with my tongue at night, and sometimes even during the day...not noticing until I've got a splitting headache.

A frenectomy is in order somewhere near the end of treatment...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

turrrtlelove22

#5 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

My pic and pics of a few others on this site have turned up on sites

WHOA!!!!...omg...I never thought about that...eeeekk!!! aigoo...creepy. I know you were teasing... :wink: :wink: :wink:

think your teeth do look nice ... and better still is the thought of how they're going to look when your treatment gets further in and things start to change more.

Thanks...looking good yourself...I can only imagine..................... :HugeGrin: :HugeGrin::HugeGrin:

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

tyrablu

#6 Post by tyrablu »

Hey TL

I have small teeth also and my ortho said that may be a cause of all the spacing that I have. Like you I have a gap between my two front uppers and also a lot of spacing on the lowers. Because of this I only got my lowers banded for the moment as they were trying to make space to move the uppers back.

Luckily during my last appointment the ortho said I will be getting the uppers braced on my next adjustment. I can hardly wait, since I have always disliked my gap.

But dont wory, since having the lowers on since October I have seen alot of space closure. Hopefully the the uppers will produce the same amount of progress in a short time.

We will see.

Good Luck

Tyra Blue

turrrtlelove22

#7 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

TL, you have beautiful teeth! Don't let others tell you otherwise. As the gaps close your teeth will look perfectly uniform, straight and larger. Also, the levelling process will shift your teeth up and down depending on how they need to go. My front teeth look "huge" as the ortho said because they are shoved out so far to the front and crowded. He said they would look smaller when lined up with the others. It goes without saying that gaps would cause the opposite effect. My lowers looked like I had gum recession (they are long anyways) and now the levelling process has dropped them down into the gum more. Your braces will make your teeth just perfect for your mouth! Smile pretty and enjoy the amazing gazing to marvel at the changes each step of the way!

Now as to the fetish people..if somebody needs to look at my crooked braced teeth to "get it on" they need to get a life. That's so disgusting.

Thanks Denise...I think I'm over it now...I'm just glad they are there and that I have any at all!!!...lol...

Dude, they can push teeth down? I knew they could coax them out didn't know they could make them go in...interesting...strange but interesting...

That fetish thing you said is true...LOL and HI-larious... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

empire11

#8 Post by empire11 »

Hi turrrtle

I have small teeth too so I understand but I quite like them that way and I think yours will look great when you're all done. My boss has really small and straight teeth also and I am completely fascinated by them. I can't stop looking at them when he comes to talk to me, but not in a weirdo fetish kind of way like you all have been discussing. I just think they're cute.

I actually had to have gum surgery on the bottom at the front to make them look bigger. It was quite a difference, who knew I had all that in there?!

Best of luck to you...

turrrtlelove22

#9 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I soooo forgot to ask about this today...oh well...next time...

Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!