midline

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

flipib05

midline

#1 Post by flipib05 »

hi everyone,
i am 14 and i have had braces for 5 1/2 years all together. i am going to get impressions for my retainers next month. my midline is off a lot and i was wondering if i should tell him or just be done with treatment? any imput will be greatly appreciated. thanks :Questions: :computer:

snowgirl

#2 Post by snowgirl »

5 1/2 years! Wow! :shock: If it really really bothers you I would mention it. I know your excited to finally get them off but,
once you get the braces off you might regret not saying anything. Think of it this way, you have already had them for so long, whats another year or so! Then again there is no guarantee it won't shift back!
Trust me, I had my braces off for a year and had to put them back on due to some gaps that got bigger and bigger. I wish i didn't wait a hole year before I spoke up! :gavel:

flipib05

#3 Post by flipib05 »

thanks very much. i think i will mention it to him on the 7th at my appointment. it isn't off by far but we payed $10,000+ so i want to to be PERFECT!!!!!! :tingrin: :pinkbraces: :BigTeethGrin:

victory1

#4 Post by victory1 »

Since you had them on that long, don't let him take them off until you completely satisfy. My goodness, over 5 years, get your satisfaction!

flipib05

#5 Post by flipib05 »

hi everyone. thanks for the replies. it isn't off by much. i have had braces for so long that i have to go to a psychologist because i get soooo depressed about having braces . i know this sounds stupid but it is true. so i would just rather get them off because i am just getting worse and feeling more and more depressed. :oops: :( i mean, for crying out loud, i am 14 and almost 6 years in braces! :braces_angry: :ouch:

platinum

#6 Post by platinum »

If you were to ask the majority of people where on the body a midline was, they wouldn't know. The midline is like a secret society handshake for people with braces!
Right, KK :)

I did not know before starting treatment that there is suppose to be midline. I don't really know if I have one :)

flipib05

#7 Post by flipib05 »

i got braces when i was 7 and i got them off right before i turned nine. then the day after i turned 11 i got braces again. i am currently wearing them and i am over 14 1/2. so about 5 1/2-6 years. way too long for me! :ouch: :braces_angry:

flipib05

#8 Post by flipib05 »

but i am almost done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

flipib05

#9 Post by flipib05 »

but i am almost done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D