Banded 7's gripe

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pippy

Banded 7's gripe

#1 Post by pippy »

Ok this is not fun anymore! It's been a week since the 7s were banded and wired and I seriously know why he had so much difficulty getting the band on the LHS 7....its pretty much stuck in the jaw!! The tooth is as far back as it can get without being in my ear (suppose I should be grateful as thats where the wisdom tooth was lol). The bands have little hooks on them so clearly ortho has delusions of elastics on them at some point - funny man. But its so far back even the interdental brush can't get down there - the hook is permanently stuck in what I thought was my cheek but as I managed to get my little finger back there today, is not cheek but jawbone right at back. If I can't get a brush or floss down there he better have bright ideas about how to get elastics down there!!! Seem to spend most of time puffing cheeks out to try to get it to disengage from the squishy bits of my face! Grrr. It's such a good look :oops:

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

Sounds really annoying! :ouch:

I wouldn't be too sure about elastics on those hooks though, I had my 7's bracketed with hooked brackets and the hooks were never used.

I think all 6 and 7 molar brackets have hooks on them...just one more little gift the ortho provides! :yikes:

Mine were bonded at the same time as the rest of my teeth so it was all part of the initial "getting used to it" package. Here's hoping you get used to those buggers soon!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm