weight off my shoulders

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tommyfive

weight off my shoulders

#1 Post by tommyfive »

i made the decision just this week to go ahead and get orthodontic treatment. it was at the forefront of my mind for months now that i look back, but i really have been thinking about it for 20 years.

when i think about it, i realize i've been looking in the mirror every day, thinking 'when are you going to do something about those teeth?' this is a huge distraction from life! it's not a good mantra to start or end the day with. but it's been there forever, so that i didn't even think about it anymore. i really had lost the plot.

my wife (who's almost two years older than i am) decided this year to go and get her treatment. she's back almost to square 1 (she wore braces as a teen for four years), and has a lot to do, but she's committing to it with full support from me.

but that made me think: why not me? why not now?

so i reluctantly went to my consultation and it turned out to be just great, like a weight off my shoulders; something i had forgotten was there. i will finally stop asking myself when i'll do something about these teeth! (treatment starts in march!)

i'm a month away from even starting treatment yet and i'm inches off the ground with anticipation of getting it done.

if you're here trying to figure out whether or not to do it... i say do it. at least go for the consultation; many orthodontists offer free consultations.

stop wondering if you should and go get started!

:-)

vivi21

#2 Post by vivi21 »

:-1 congrats :banana: :dance: :jump: [/quote]
Got my Braces on 08-04-06
Now on Hawley

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

As a long term procrastinator myself, it's great that you've made the decision and are happy with it. One could spend the rest of one's life wondering, "what if..."