Clicking teeth....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

Clicking teeth....

#1 Post by newmetal »

My teeth since my last adjustment last tuesday have been clicking non stop..if i apply pressure on them they click? What does this mean?

Newmetal

mandaluv

#2 Post by mandaluv »

nothing to worry about. it means that your teeth are loosening up in order to move. it happens to me all the time. :)
[/url]

turrrtlelove22

#3 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Mine does it all the time, too. Most if the time I think it's my teeth shifting when I bite or clench, and the lacebacks and wire ties are hitting each other and the brackets.
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Mart

#4 Post by Mart »

hmm not sure about clicking, but when i clench i hear more of a crunch.. anyone else?

jennandtonic

#5 Post by jennandtonic »

I get that clicky feeling too. It's really unnerving sometimes, especially when it happens to my front teeth. In fact, one night I had a dream that I had the click in my front teeth, and that they fell out because of it! Scary. That wasn't fun to wake up from, I immediately had to reassure myself that my teeth were there!

But anyway, my ortho reassured me it's normal, happens to a lot of people with braces on.

turrrtlelove22

#6 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

one night I had a dream that I had the click in my front teeth, and that they fell out because of it! Scary

Talk about scary...I keep having nightmares about a surgery I'm not due to have for almost a year and a half or two!!!

I've never had any kind of surgery...only stitches...
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

ghostmyimag3

#7 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I dont have the click anymore. Now that my lowers are in line finally. I did like to push them a little to hear it click just to gross other people out ha ha. Oh well.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

joney

#8 Post by joney »

My teeth click a lot when I apply pressure by pulling my lips inwards or pushing them with my tongue. I find myself doing this sometimes without thinking in the evening if I'm watching TV. A bit like a kid messes about with a wobbly tooth.

I sometime wonder if this messing about is bad as I am applying pressure? I'm presuming that because I don't do this 24/7 that any effects would be minimal?

Regards
joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Kat

#9 Post by Kat »

It means they are about to fall out hence no more need for braces!~!!
HA!

newmetal

#10 Post by newmetal »

Kat wrote:It means they are about to fall out hence no more need for braces!~!!
HA!
Was that suppose to be funny