how often does everyone get adjustments?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mandaluv

how often does everyone get adjustments?

#1 Post by mandaluv »

i go in roughly every 10 weeks. most people that i've known in the past go in once a month or 6 weeks. any ideas why my appointments are so spaced out?
[/url]

BracedBelle

#2 Post by BracedBelle »

You'll see from this thread --> viewtopic.php?t=16577

... that times between adjustment really vary.

Hope this helps.

shoshiaf

#3 Post by shoshiaf »

I go in every eight weeks. I asked why the length of time between tightenings seems longer than other ortho patients, and my orthodontist said it has to do with the type of wire in my braces. The wire my orthodontist uses only requires changing every eight weeks; chances are you have the same type of deal at your orthodontist's office. :lol:

platinum

#4 Post by platinum »

The wire my orthodontist uses only requires changing every eight weeks; chances are you have the same type of deal at your orthodontist's office.
I will go back in six weeks. My archwire is nickel free, so not the usual one my office uses, although I have no clue is there any differences between nickel free and nickel-titanium archwires.

MsViola

#5 Post by MsViola »

glad to see you up and about platinum
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

platinum

#6 Post by platinum »

MSVIOLA:

I went to work for awhile, but I just tried not to show my brcaes.
But later when I went shopping, I tried to behave normally.
I am getting there :)

Laieniel

#7 Post by Laieniel »

My time frame is faithfully between 3-4 weeks. My ortho's pt's go in quite often and suprisingly something is done at every appt. not just a lig change. He is always adding stuff here, taking stuff from there. I'm really glad that they are so close because I see drastic changes everytime I go.

Pirate Wench

#8 Post by Pirate Wench »

I am asked to come back between 4 and 6 weeks. My ortho just likes to keep an eye on the progress. He hasn't changed my wire on the top for the past 3 appointments, but I get a new wire on the bottom every time.

I think he is trying to get my bottom teeth to the same place as my top teeth before he continues.

MsViola

#9 Post by MsViola »

Platinum - Good for you! Before long you will be upset when people don't notice the braces :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1/17/07 - Upper (Clear) & Lower (Metal - self ligatating) Braces
Estimated treatment time = 30-36 months

ghostmyimag3

#10 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

It depends, first time was 6 weeks, second time was 4 and this time is 5. My teeth are on the move.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

gunter8888

#11 Post by gunter8888 »

So far, I have been every 4 weeks. I have only had my bottoms for the past 2 months, but I am getting my uppers on Thursday. Not sure if the frequency will change after that.
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces