Damon3

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

taylorhl25

Damon3

#1 Post by taylorhl25 »

Hi I am due to have the Damon System fitted on my upper and lower in 29 days and I have just found out that I have having the Damon3 system.

Does anyone else have these, I have read that they look much better than normal metal braces, are smaller and don't feel as bulky, is this correct? :?

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Here's a link with a pic (bear in mind it is Ormco's own site though LOL)

http://www.ormco.com/index/damon-thesys ... advantages

I have regular brackets myself so I can't comment on the differences, but I'm sure somebody here with Damon 3's will be able to help you out.

taylorhl25

#3 Post by taylorhl25 »

Thanks Karen, sorry to ask so many questions but I just want to get a really good idea of what I am going to be facing and what they look like, your comments are a great help. :wink:

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

If you go to the search function on this forum and type in Damon3, it comes up with several hits, including posts from other members who've had them.

Attagirl and jcdamon3 are the 2 people I can think of off-hand, but there are others.

joney

#5 Post by joney »

I have damon 3s. There are some photos on my www but they're not very clear.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

SimInsomniac

#6 Post by SimInsomniac »

I have damon 3s. There's some photos on my www. I love them! :D

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

drh20s

<message deleted>

#7 Post by drh20s »

<message deleted>
Last edited by drh20s on Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nikkiekoala

#8 Post by Nikkiekoala »

I also have Damon3's. There are pictures on my blog.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

jennielee81

#9 Post by jennielee81 »

I had Damon 3's. They were great!

No problems or complaints.

Doors always opened easily and closed easily. Only had 1 come unglued...it was from something I ate. Debonding was also easy and painless.

If you have another specific questions, you can pm me. Check out my entire story through the link below my signature.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

taylorhl25

#10 Post by taylorhl25 »

Jennielee I looked at your photos they are fab. . . your teeth look fantastic now, and even with the Damon3's on they look good.

Lisa65

#11 Post by Lisa65 »

oops double post
Last edited by Lisa65 on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisa65

#12 Post by Lisa65 »

The Damon 3s are tops in the ortho world. See http://www.damonbraces.com/video/index.php for why that is. I came out of treatment 8 months ago with Damons (at the age of 49). They are sleek, comfortable, and faaast! They cost the docs more, but take less time (and fewer visits). Your doctor must be quality-conscious and patient-focused. Congratulations on getting D3s. You will love them!
My ortho is about as patient-focused as you can get. I can contact him 24/7 if I need to. But he doesn't use Damon 3's.

They might cost the docs more, but that cost is going to be passed on to the patient.

Strikes me there's a lot of Damon plugging going on here. Not that I'm cynical (well OK I am) but it comes across as advertising to me.

SherwoodForest

#13 Post by SherwoodForest »

I'm starting to think the only reason my Ortho praised the Damons, is because they bring in more $$ for the ortho. My Damons cost me $700 more than the regular metal braces...I don't know how much they cost my ortho. And one thing that I don't like about the Damons...they stick out a little more than other brackets. I always have an impression of my brackets on the inside of my upper lip, and I'm not willing to wear wax 24/7.

chevyhuny

#14 Post by chevyhuny »

How exciting, congrats on your up and coming braces. :D

I have Damon 3 and Damon 3 MXs and so far I like them very much.

I also had regular traditional braces when I was a child so this will be my second time around in braces.

I really like the Damon's so far but I have only had mine on for a few weeks so I have no idea how things will be down the line. I am excited to have straight teeth though.

I hope you enjoy the ride. :D

Destor

#15 Post by Destor »

I highly doubt that Orthodontists are making money by using Damon brackets instead of traditional, or other types. Do people actually think that they're charging a premium for using them, marking up the price that's given to the patient?

Yes, they can cost more, but I'm certain that the cost is being passed onto the patient at a 1:1 ratio, not being inflated, hence there is no real motivation for the ortho to use them besides his/her personal preferences, experience, and the patients situation.

Some orthos don't even pass the cost on, mine for example charges the same for ceramic, damon, or traitional brackets, which are used is completely situational. There are brackets out there that cost more than Damon aswell... Can't help but be amused that some people are so against the damon brackets, and claim that they advertise so much, never have I been subject to this so called advertising by my ortho, the assistants at his office, or dentist. I haven't seen any Damon commercials on TV, haven't seen any posters/ads and no pop-ups so far touting the brackets greatness, where is this advertising exactly?

People stating their personal experiences with the brackets and reccomending them isn't advertisement, by the way.

I've had Damon 3s for a year and a couple months now, and have had 0 problems related to the brackets. Have used wax maybe once or twice and needed to salt rinse on maybe 3 or 4 seperate occassions, but the amount of discomfort caused by the braces is dependant on the person (s mouth). Good luck with your treatment!
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom