one month anniversary with braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hd2755

one month anniversary with braces

#1 Post by hd2755 »

WOW!! I can't believe I survived my first month with these braces, now comes the first adjustment on Feburary 13th. As you all say time really flies with braces. Actually my anniversary is on 2-2-07. I just wanted to get this post up here so I did not forget to post this brace milestone. One down eleven to 15 more depending on how everything goes at this point I say to the first adjustment BRING IT ON! So far I have not used a drop of wax, nor have I used the salt water rinses all I have done is eat, sleep, and brush, brush, brush, brush, brush and brush! on occasion a flossing when a piece of mashed tuna or chicken gets stuck between my teeth. However I am still not able to bite into anything yet of substance-will check with DR on this one. I guess with this new shock to my mouth my mouth is saying you must crawl before you walk. Gotta love the rotating teeth pulling feeling every day.
Got to go to work will expand more when time allows.

louis

JoviFan

#2 Post by JoviFan »

Congrats Louis!!!!!!! Keep flossing daily tho --- you don't want stuff growing under your gums during your journey!!!!
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

Skylark

#3 Post by Skylark »

Yey it's my one month anniversary too! It's nice to see the days going up on the ticker and even nicer to see that my teeth have already noticably moved.

My journey has been smooth so far, fingers crossed it stays that way....

Louis - I hope you are able to go back to solid foods soon, that must suck after a whole month, but I'm sure your mouth will get used to it...

chevyhuny

#4 Post by chevyhuny »

:jump: Hooray! Congrats, thats very exciting. :D

I agree, please keep on flossing, its amazing what you find up there when you think you are all squeaky clean and brushed.
:yuck: