Are your braces on all of your teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kat

Are your braces on all of your teeth?

#1 Post by Kat »

I have them top and bottom but the back two teeth/molars on the top and bottom are not braced in any way.
Is this normal?
I am missing as tooth on the top in the back like the third one from the rear maybe this is why???

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

It could be normal, or they may be bracketed later on in treatment.

All my uppers bar one were bracketed from day one and have stayed that way. Most of my lowers were bracketed initially, and the last of the second molars added at my first lower adjustment.

Enjoy the ability to floss normally, I say.

ghostmyimag3

#3 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

my 6 yr old molars have bands, my 12 yr old do not have anything at all.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

Mine are all bracketed/banded but this didn't happen till about the 3rd adjustment. Sometimes they leave the 2nd and 3rd molars alone if they are not too badly aligned, because they are not normally visible anyway.

TheSarahMonster

#5 Post by TheSarahMonster »

All but one of my teeth are bracketed. On my upper right side, the molar next to the band isn;t bracketed. My ortho said she needed to leave that one off, and she put a bend in the wire at that point (why I don't know). She said eventually she'll bracket it, but she needs to move my teeth over to fill a gap to help fix my midline.

My two top canines are bracketed, but not attached to the archwire. They are severely rotated (90 degrees) and one of them is up really high and dosn't fit into the arch at all. she said they'll be attached to the archwire once my other teeth start to line.

JoviFan

#6 Post by JoviFan »

I didn't realize til I got home, that one on either side on the top are not bracketed.....only got ceramics on top the other day...didn't get to ask many questions this time....figured they're gonna do what they do to get the job done...lol
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

SDFD TSchott

#7 Post by SDFD TSchott »

All teeth are involved someway somehow except for one tooth!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Kat

#8 Post by Kat »

Hmmm,a lot have one tooth not bracketed. I'm guessing mine has omething to do with the missing tooth. I will ask next appointment.

jdub

#9 Post by jdub »

I've got brackets on all teeth (except for my wisdom teeth which will come out when this is all done). Currently (7 weeks into treatment), the wire only goes to the #6 tooth. The last one (#7) on each side won't be attached to the wire until later in treatment - she mentioned when I get to the .019x.025 wire.

JDub
Braced 12/13/2006

Damon 3's on Top front 6
Damon 3 MXs on the rest

Julie08

Back Teeth

#10 Post by Julie08 »

My back teeth are not banded/bracketed either.

Delag

#11 Post by Delag »

Brace day - uppers bracketed to the first molar
1st. adjustment - added second molar
2nd. adjustment - lowers bicuspid to bicuspid
next adj - will get the last four lowers
It has been a nice way to ease into it, but that wasn't the reason it was done that way. Each case and each ortho is different, but they all get the job done.

vivi21

#12 Post by vivi21 »

hi kat i also have the same thing happend to me on the top i have my 2 wisdom & my 2 wisdom teeth on the bottom with nothing i often wonder like u if this was normal i will ask my ortho the reason of this on my next adjustment
Got my Braces on 08-04-06
Now on Hawley

Pepper

#13 Post by Pepper »

My two (one on each side, I mean) back teeth on the top row have nothing on them.

pilotgurl

#14 Post by pilotgurl »

I currently have only five brackets and nothing else. I started less than a year ago and have about two plus years left.