Molars touching again!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Blonco

Molars touching again!!

#1 Post by Blonco »

After having turbos glued onto the back of my front teeth for several months and elastics pulling my bite into position...my molars are finally once again touching in the back. For about 3 months, I had major difficulty eating. Chewing gum was completely out of the question. Now, I can finally use my molars again!

jdub

#2 Post by jdub »

Congrats! I can't wait for the day I get these bite turbos out and I can chew normally again. How long did you have them in for? My Dr said three to four months (I'm 7 weeks into it now and just got a lost bite turbo put back in a few days ago).

Hope the rest of the treatment goes well.

JDub
Braced 12/13/2006

Damon 3's on Top front 6
Damon 3 MXs on the rest

dawnm

#3 Post by dawnm »

Yay!!!

I can't wait for my turbos to be off!!

24KSmile

#4 Post by 24KSmile »

Good for you, Blonco!! I know what it's been like for you. I didn't have turbos but my lower molars started leaning inwards about a year ago & they're finally getting back into an upright position. I haven't been able to chew many things, including small noodles & lettuce. When the molars don't touch, there's no way to grind any food!!

I've read on this site that chewing gum is good exercise so it's great that you can do it again!

SimInsomniac

#5 Post by SimInsomniac »

Congratulations! Enjoy the feeling. :D
I miss having all my molars touching. :o

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007