expander crisis :-/

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

starfish3967

expander crisis :-/

#1 Post by starfish3967 »

Well my boyfriend has been on vacation for 2 weeks and i cant wait to see him. Theres only one problem...i get an expander put in 3 days before he gets back! I am very nervous that he will laugh at me for my speech. The big thing i am worried about is the kissing/uh making out? Since i haven't seen him for a while, that is the most likely thing we would usually do. I am very afraid his arrival won't be all that special because of my expander :( . Should i be worried?

gunter8888

#2 Post by gunter8888 »

I had no problems with kissing/making out with my expander. Speech may be another story. It is possible to get used to speaking with an expander, but it usually takes at least 2-3 weeks to get it down.

If he really loves you he won't care about braces, expanders, etc. In fact, if he really loves you he will be happy for you that you are taking care of yourself.
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

mgigi

#3 Post by mgigi »

I'm hoping you don't have too many problems. I had an expander for a few months, and it was terrible. When I had the expander, I had a really hard time holding my saliva; I'm sorry I know that sounds gross, and it was. It definitely improved with time or I became used to it, who knows. Good luck!

blueturtle922

#4 Post by blueturtle922 »

i just got my expander put on today. its sooo much better then i thought it would be...i talk fine my friends didn't even notice. the only probly i have, now, is eating of course. does anyone have soft food suggestions?