FINALLY DONE!! - But should I be disappointed?? - PICS

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

new boy james

FINALLY DONE!! - But should I be disappointed?? - PICS

#1 Post by new boy james »

Hey guys!! After a long 9 months my braces are off, I'm relieved to be free and I'm fairly happy with the results. Perhaps I'm nit-picking but I can't help wishing that I could've had more IPR done on the upper arch to make the front teeth completely straight and reduce my overjet(which doesn't show particularly well in these pics). My ortho is very skilled and approachable and I mentioned this to him both before and after de-bracing but he has explained that it would be unwise to shave the teeth any more and that my overjet (4 - 4.5mm) is barely above the norm (2.5 - 4mm) anyway. And yet I still feel haunted...?

What do you guys honestly think? Am I just being a perfectionist? Should I just be happy with how far I've come and go worry about something else?

FRONT VIEW
Image3 Days
Image3 Months
Image6 Months
Image9 Months

UPPER VIEW
Image3 days
Image3 Months
Image6 Months
Image9 Months
"You get nothing but nothing if that's what you do" - Guns'n'Roses

manglemouth

#2 Post by manglemouth »

I think your results are fantastic!!! Congrats! :thumbsup:

onedayperfect

#3 Post by onedayperfect »

Looking really good James, fantastic results in 9 months!

Rickysa

#4 Post by Rickysa »

Being short one lower incisor will lead to excess overjet in a Class I occlusion (which it seems you have), unless you have very small upper lateral incisors (which you don't since your's are normal).

You'd have to remove about 5-6 mm of tooth structure on the uppers to compensate for the missing lower incisor, which I would also advise against.

The alignment looks great! :D

Dr. S
-Grad of UNC Ortho '92 (research centered around ceramic brackets)

lisaemtp

#5 Post by lisaemtp »

Great results :) Congrats on going naked!

Lisa

Pirate Wench

#6 Post by Pirate Wench »

I think you have great results as well.....I can't believe this was all done in 9 months. :banana:

Well Done!!

jmpmntwnty3

#7 Post by jmpmntwnty3 »

Congrutulations! Your teeth look awesome! 9 months is a really short time for having braces, I know you're happy you finally have them off! :D
June 2006: Upper and Lower braces -- July 2006: RPE installed -- December 2006: RPE removed.
April 2007: 4 wisdom teeth extracted & had Frenum b/t 2 front teeth clipped. Powerchain added.
January 2008: All gaps closed.
March 2010: Began wearing elastics
January 2012: Braces finally off!

Mmmmuuaa

#8 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Congratulations. Wish mine would be done in nine months! Your teeth look really nice.

Nervous

#9 Post by Nervous »

Wow, results like that in nine months? I'm impressed

LithpingLitha

#10 Post by LithpingLitha »

Wow, your teeth look great! :thumbsup:

LuckyOne

#11 Post by LuckyOne »

Are you kidding? Unless someone is up close and personal like the camera, they might think they are verniers! You should definitely be smiling.

new boy james

#12 Post by new boy james »

Thanks so much for your positive replies guys. I've kinda realised I DO like my new teeth, I just wish I wasn't so much of a perfectionist. My advice to everyone is be patient and don't allow your braces to come off unless you are 100% happy with the results!!

GOOD LUCK & best wishes to all.x
"You get nothing but nothing if that's what you do" - Guns'n'Roses