Going to the States tomorrow , any suggestions?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CanehdianGal

Going to the States tomorrow , any suggestions?

#1 Post by CanehdianGal »

Hi everyone..I'm headed to the States for the day tomorrow and wanted to know if there is anything u can suggest I can purchase that's brace friendly. Either at a Pharmacy, or the grocery store. I'm looking for breakfast bars that are soft / muffin like and low fat if possible. Protein /meal replacement bars that r soft as well not chewy.

3 weeks , feels like 3 months in braces. Teeth r still sore.

cowlypso

#2 Post by cowlypso »

Nutri-grain bars come to mind as a cereal bar that's soft. Would definitely be easy to eat.

I'm not sure that I can come up with any protein bars that are soft. Your best bet there might be a slim-fast shake or similar. Look for one with high protein (I think they have different formulations, a regular and a higher protein one). I've been eating some of the powerbar protein bars that are more like granola bars than some of the others, but they are still a bit chewy and I have to break them into pieces and chew slowly.

How long are you coming for? If it's not for long, why not just bring some of your own? I'm not sure what the rules are for fresh fruits and veggies, but last time I checked, you can take packaged stuff like granola bars across borders with no trouble. When I went to Ecuador, I took enough food with me for the entire trip (protein bars, granola bars, crackers, etc.) because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find vegetarian food there. It was all individually packaged, so there was no problem.

Another thought is the individually packaged applesauce. They sell 6-packs of those at the grocery store so all you need is a spoon. Animal crackers or graham crackers are good, too. You can break them up and sort of suck on them a while until they soften up a little.