Multiple consultations and totally different treatment times

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mjbusch

Multiple consultations and totally different treatment times

#1 Post by mjbusch »

Hi everyone,

I just had another consultation today. I have had just two other consultations before today. The first one said that I would have to wear braces for 18 months the second one said I would have to wear them for 15. Then today's they told me I would have to wear them for 28 months. The difference between todays appointment is they did both a ceph and pano of my teeth before checking my bite and giving me my consultation. I don't even know where to start for choosing the best ortho?

mjbusch

#2 Post by mjbusch »

I have done almost all the steps you specified. I have kept a small journal of each one I have been too.

So far all of them said that I will not need any extractions and I will have to wear elastics. Only one said that he would have to slenderize some of my lower teeth.

All of them of course said that I'll have to wear retainers. But the orthodontist yesterday said I might also need a retainer with a plate that goes over my molars to reduce any grinding or clenching at night. Also all the orthodontist are all around the same price since I have insurance.

mjbusch

#3 Post by mjbusch »

Thank you for the advice.