re: expander

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blueturtle922

re: expander

#1 Post by blueturtle922 »

hello. this is like the last time im posting a new topic. i just have one more question. i am to turn my expander key twice a day. does anyone have an idea as to how long it will take for a noticeable gap to form between my front teeth? :(

Brandyleigh35

#2 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

It really just depends on your teeth and palate, and the powers that be..LOL. Turning twice a day is literaly only 1/2mm a day so 1mm every two days. I had my palate surgically released. Even after expanding the appliance for 18 days and gaining 9mm of space I barely got a gap of 3mm. While others I know have done less and had much bigger gaps. I don't think there is a way to really know. Sorry!

Brandy

overseasmel

#3 Post by overseasmel »

I was like brandyleigh and had surgery too. I came out of surgery (4 turns) with a tiny but discernible gap, and within one week of turning once a day I'd say it was noticeable to others. But that's just me, and our palates all do respond quite differently/ at different speeds!

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.