Finally!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kris721

Finally!

#1 Post by Kris721 »

Hi everybody,

After 11 months and counting of wearing the pendulum, I've finally got a brace date! I'm getting my bottom braces on April 13th. I'll still have to wear the pendulum for a while, but there has been movement and progress so that's the positive side. My ortho just wants me to get the best possible final result. I've also decided against ceramic braces and opted for full metal. My ortho prefers metal and since I don't really care one way or the other, I'm going with the metal. After reading about everyone's experiences and preferences, I think braces are braces and the visibility really doesn't matter.

I'm pretty excited about finally getting this show on the road.

Kris :jump:

Sweetie

congratulations

#2 Post by Sweetie »

Congratulations!!
How long is going to be your treatment?
You and me will be part of the club soon.

Kris721

#3 Post by Kris721 »

Thanks for the replies, Sweetie & KK. At my consult I was told 6 months with the pendulum and 18 months in braces. So far, it's been almost a year with the pendulum so I'm guessing it'll be closer to 3 years instead of the 2 they anticipated. I'm hoping that since I decided to go with full metal instead of ceramics that my treatment time may be a little shorter. Like everyone here, I'm just anxious to get started toward my new smile! It really doesn't matter to me how long it takes although it would be wonderful to be in braces for as short a time as necessary, but my teeth so far have been slow in cooperating.

Kris

pilotgurl

#4 Post by pilotgurl »

sorry about your wait. what is a pendulm used for? :lol:

Kris721

#5 Post by Kris721 »

Hi pilotgurl,

The pendulum is a device used to create space in your back teeth as an alternative to extractions. Here's the link to my pix, which I posted back in August viewtopic.php?t=13279&highlight=

I've had much movement since then. I'm hoping to have this thing out by summer.

Kris