taking pics of your mouth, any advice

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ives

taking pics of your mouth, any advice

#1 Post by Ives »

Hey all,
I want to take some good pics before I go in, and also keep a history of changes throughout this process. Any good techniques out there for doing this? Use a mirror maybe, or I guess I could ask my wife to help me.
We have a nice digital camera to use.

Thanks
Ives

Katica

#2 Post by Katica »

My pictures all looked terrible until I learned to turn the flash off and use the macro mode so I could zoom in well. Your camera's manuel might have instructions for doing these things.

If pictures are still coming out blurry, it could be that your camera isn't being held still enough while the picture is being taken. A tripod would help.

Finally, don't forget to brush your teeth and rinse them well before you take the pictures.

Good luck!

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

If you have a willing helper it's much easier lol

Ives

#4 Post by Ives »

Thanks for the Links Kiwi, i should of searched first. Got a little lazy on this one. :oops: