my braces and the hair dresser

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

susieq182

my braces and the hair dresser

#1 Post by susieq182 »

This is a heart warming story of sorts.
I have been seeing the same lady who cuts my hair for close to 5 years. She is a super great lady and always well put together. Her son got braces about the time i started going to her and she has been great support since i got braces. She was actually the one who gave me alot of support through my recent ortho change (actually i called her in tears to ask who her son was seeing). At anyrate her son got his braces off last week (4.5 yrs in braces YIKES) and OMG his teeth are amazing!!!! she is all happy for him., but says she is really going to miss seeing the ortho's staff. As we were talking about all the new stuff I have going on she looked me in the eye and asked "how bad is it really to have braces as an adult?" I told her that aside from my Ex-ortho being a giant horse's bottom I haven't had any problems. So then she spills she i thikning about getting braces!! I was like good for you!!! I am sure if she makes that leap that she wont regret it. I told her atleast she will know what to expect since she just went through the whole process with her son. I hope she goes for it. If not she has still been a great resource for me since i have been braced.
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

ssfw

#2 Post by ssfw »

I think there are probably alot of adults that would like to get braces but feel self-conscious about it. I know I was and sometimes still am about having braces but I knew that if I didn't decide to proceed with ortho treatment when I did, I wouldn't do it at a later time.

I think some adults just need a friend that is there for support. I'm sure you felt good when she confided her thoughts about ortho treatment to you :D .

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

osubeanbags

#3 Post by osubeanbags »

Yeah, that's awesome! Let us know what happens! Braces really aren't fun, but it's definitely worth it in the end!
GO BUCKS!