Is this normal? Discomfort

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CanehdianGal

Is this normal? Discomfort

#1 Post by CanehdianGal »

Hi everyone,

It's been just over a month and there is not one day that I don't have discomfort. Just when 2 teeth are feeling better , the next day 2 more teeth are sore. 5 mins ago another one started up. Will this continue to happen. I'm sure my teeth r moving and that is why it's tender to touch...but I just wanted to make sure. Thanx.

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Unfortunately you may be one of the unlucky ones. My eldest daughter was very senstive for quite a while when she first had her brace but it did improve with time until she had no sensitivity. My youngest daughter is currently braced, as am I, and we have had no problems. Some people are just more sensitive than others to teeth moving but from my eldest daughters experience it does get much much better soon.

I hope things improve for you soon.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

camille

#3 Post by camille »

CanehdianGal- That happened to me, too. Unfortunately, I kind of agree with Joney. I was slightly unlucky, because I had on and off pain for a couple of weeks. Try to chew, like KK said, and it'll eventually get better. Good luck!!!

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

Yep, it was about 2 months before my teeth stopped hurting...then it was time for my first adjustment! :shock:

It is probably normal FOR YOU. As time goes on, the time with discomfort (pain) will become shorter. You'll get through it!

Hang in there. I can sam from experience it is SO WORTH it!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Gennel

#5 Post by Gennel »

It's not something abnormal or something to worry too much about. I had lots of tenderness and everyday it seemed like a different tooth was hurting!I was NOT able to use my electric toothbrush for most of this time. This went on for like 2-3 months when I first got braces.I was not able to bite down because often the pain would shoot up to my sinusis :-( Thankfully after about 5-6 months the top teeth were already pretty aligned and the pain and discomfort totally stopped. "Santa" stuffed an Orab B Vitality toothbrush and this thing is sooooo powerful it makes my vision blurred if I look at TV while brushing lol.
Having a different tooth discomfort happens often to some people. Once things are more settled,this will most likely all calm down for you.
If you feel that you can't stand the pain just give your ortho a call to see if everything is ok.I know ortho's don't like to have patients in pain .

Gennel

platinum

#6 Post by platinum »

It's been just over a month and there is not one day that I don't have discomfort. Just when 2 teeth are feeling better , the next day 2 more teeth are sore. 5 mins ago another one started up. Will this continue to happen. I'm sure my teeth r moving and that is why it's tender to touch...but I just wanted to make sure. Thanx.
I have exactly same problem... Everyday some teeth are sore...
Soon my all teeth have been sore, so I hope the soreness disappears.