How to brush?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

raninhas

How to brush?

#1 Post by raninhas »

I'm having my upper braces put on in three days, and I have lots of fillings and had a problem ince concerning a bit of my bottom gums. I want to know, if possible, how to brush correctly with braces and how to brush your gums. This is really important to me.
Thank you so much.

ame_malia

#2 Post by ame_malia »

After he put my braces on, my ortho showed me the correct way to brush with braces on. If your ortho doesn't volunteer this information, just ask! Whenever you have an appointment, and have a question about anything concerning your treatment, just ask your ortho. That way you get the right answer for you, and I don't think he will complain about taking time out to explain things to you that will make your treatment move along as best it can. Especially a question regarding the health of your mouth!

raninhas

#3 Post by raninhas »

Thank you both. I will definitely ask, but my ortho will probably show me..or so I hope. It's just too bad that in Portugal they don't give us a kit, like they do in the USA.

raninhas

#4 Post by raninhas »

KK, you bought the goodies from the archwired website?

raninhas

#5 Post by raninhas »

Thank you, KK!
I'll surely do that! And I've been searching dentalkit.com, great website! I just want to wait and see if my ortho gives me a kit or not :oops:

chevyhuny

#6 Post by chevyhuny »

That is a great package on the site that Karen linked you to raninhas.

My Ortho gave me two different brushes. A motorized brush with the small round head and a braces brush(with the indentation).

I must say the braces brush (like the one in the package that Lynn put together) works great. For me it worked even better then the spendy motorized brush. There are lots of options and all sorts of little do dads out there for you.
Braced years ago, now I am braced again! Crossing fingers this time around.
Damon 3s on 6 of top front teeth. Damon 3MX on all the rest.

raninhas

#7 Post by raninhas »

Chevyhuny that's great, but I tend to get confused on which one to have :oops: . I rather have a list or something, by my ortho, with the items specified in them. Getting braced tomorrow, hope she'll do that :wink: Or else I'll ask her myself for it.

raninhas

#8 Post by raninhas »

The braces are fine, and so are the teeth. It only hurts when I try to chew something that is not soft.

yse

#9 Post by yse »

Hello,
I've had mine for a couple weeks, and here's what I've found:

I couldn't live without my 'waterjet' (I call it my teeth hose) irrigator thing. I use it twice a day and it does get you rid of all the crap that the brush doesn't get. I can't floss because it hurts far too much.

At times i can use my Sonicare (ok on the bottom) but for the top that's also a bit painful, so I use a soft manula toothbrush.
The whole operation takes me a got ten minutes three times a day! Then I have to add the time spent grinning at myself in the bathroom mirror, of course. 8)