Getting braces in 1-day! Woohoo!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

-Michael-

Getting braces in 1-day! Woohoo!

#1 Post by -Michael- »

I'm amped. Excited! I'm getting braces on Tues finally after waiting nearly a month after my initial consultation and many phone calls to the Xray place, the dentist, and the ortho and a little flirting with the front desk girls to bump up the dates of all my appointments so I can get braces at least a month faster than initially planned.

This Tuesday (morning) is *the* day! Woohoo! :D

I'm getting Damon 3's and possibly another type of Damon. Hopefully they don't ask what color elastics I want because I haven't figured that out yet. I need to do some photoshop work first to see what color will bring out my eyes the most...haha :D

I plan to post before/after shots on here and document everything. I'm going to take a small hand held digital camera to record the visit.

Very excited! Wanted to share...hehe.
Michael
Last edited by -Michael- on Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danielle

#2 Post by Danielle »

I couldn't sleep the night before my appointment... it was the only time I've ever been excited to go to the dentist. :wink:
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

-Michael-

#3 Post by -Michael- »

I was thinking of purposely not sleeping the night before and then I could just fall asleep in the chair...haha. That'd be a good one except I'll probably try to talk in my sleep or something and they'd have to pour water on me to keep me awake. :D

But I'm sure I'll sleep just fine knowing that I have a ton of work/errands to get done after I get the braces. Although, I'm pretty pumped up right now knowing that it's so close and tomorrow I'm going snowboarding (thus my bigger workload on Tues), so I'm sure I'll be plenty tired from that tomorrow night.

Either way, it's finally here. The waiting is over. Hooray!

Michael

Danielle

#4 Post by Danielle »

Yeah, just be sure not to too schedule much to do after your big day. I was good to go just after my appointment, but a few hours later I crashed and the pain set in... it wasn't super bad or anything like that--but I would not have wanted to be at the office at that point. Good luck... time flies today's already my six month anniversary!
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

chevyhuny

#5 Post by chevyhuny »

Congrats! It will be an exciting day to finally get things started for you. Best of luck to you on brace day. :D

Oh and if you are getting Damon's then I don't believe you will be getting elastics. :?:
Braced years ago, now I am braced again! Crossing fingers this time around.
Damon 3s on 6 of top front teeth. Damon 3MX on all the rest.

-Michael-

#6 Post by -Michael- »

Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone. Feels like a good friendly atmosphere in here which is cool! :D

I love the information everyone has to offer. All these terms are so new to me but I am learning fast. I am excited indeed. I'm staying up late tonight getting work done, but very amped on tomorrow morning.

I don't get to choose color? Oiy! I was all looking forward to picking a color. I took a pic of myself and photoshopped some different colors and I think a nice blue would look pretty cool and would match my eyes very well...haha :)

Did I mention excited. Sheesh! I'm a bit wound up right now! :D

Thanks and I will see you all tomorrow after my appointment.

-Michael-

victor36

Happy Early B-Day

#7 Post by victor36 »

Looking forward to your b-day pictures! Congratulations on your b-day!

Jenny5

#8 Post by Jenny5 »

With an attitude like that, I predict you will have no problems with your treatment. I do believe that attitude is everything -- another reason why I'm glad I didn't get braces as an adolescent. I would have just hated them and been miserable for a few years (as if adolescents aren't miserable enough). Anyway, congratulations on taking this big step in your life and let us know how it went! :D

victor36

#9 Post by victor36 »

anxious to know your feelings/reactions to your b-day and looking fwd to seeing some pics!

~Victor
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.

-Michael-

Will post update soon.

#10 Post by -Michael- »