KK question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jefferson24

KK question

#1 Post by jefferson24 »

THANK you for mentioning the bite being off. Now that FREAKED me out! It was very sudden and happened at 2 weeks braced. I am only braced on top with bottoms to come later so it was really a marked change in bite. Within 3 days I had adjusted to the bite change and hardly notice it.

I wondered if you knew or had advice in regards to the benefit or detrement of lightly putting pressure on my teeth and "chewing" lightly when I do not have food in my mouth to help the process. I read that chewing is helpful and thought this may be too. Wondered what you think of that, silly or ok to do?

Thanks for taking time to respond to all my inquiries!

jefferson24

gum

#2 Post by jefferson24 »

Is sugar free gum ok to chew with the braces on? I thought I was done with that for 15 more months. That certainly would be a good way to be chewing safely.
thanks

JoviFan

Re: gum

#3 Post by JoviFan »

jefferson24 wrote:Is sugar free gum ok to chew with the braces on? I thought I was done with that for 15 more months. That certainly would be a good way to be chewing safely.
thanks
I have read that on here, but my ortho said NO gum AT ALL!...... :Questions:
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

starryadora

#4 Post by starryadora »

Yes, you can definitely chew gum with braces....just make sure it is sugar-free so you don't get cavities.

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~

chevyhuny

#5 Post by chevyhuny »

My ortho told me I could chew gum as well, as long as it was sugar free. I haven't had any problems with gum personally.

It helped in the beginning when my teeth were sore kind of like when babies are teething and they want something to chew to feel better. It had that effect with me, when food was too painful to chew.
Braced years ago, now I am braced again! Crossing fingers this time around.
Damon 3s on 6 of top front teeth. Damon 3MX on all the rest.