Advice please - forgot to brush teeth on brace-fitting day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bekky707

Advice please - forgot to brush teeth on brace-fitting day!

#1 Post by bekky707 »

Silly this, but it only occurred to me today. When I went to get my braces fitted I rushed from work and I forgot my toothpaste, so I didn't really brush my teeth properly. I didn't think much of it at the time. My ortho cleaned them a little, but I can't remember her cleaning the front ones. Now I am worried they may rot under the brackets. Am I being dull?? Of course, I did brush them that morning!!
Also decided to have curry last night and my braces have gone green. Was warned about this but didn't think it would be quite such a lurid, nasty green. :roll:

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

I really don't think you need to worry. They prepare your teeth with an etching solution which gives the glue a better grip and I'm sure that would kill off any bugs which might have been lurking.

As to the curry, I'm with you on that one :lol: if you're a regular curry eater you might do better to have dark coloured ligs next time because that staining just doesn't come off. Brushing with whitening toothpaste can help fade it a bit but once they are stained then they are stained unfortunately.

I've found that black and purple do not show curry stains, and silver isn't too bad. I had hot pink once and they went a rather nasty peach shade, and light blues will go a kind of teal which isn't too bad either. I would imagine that dark blue would be OK as well.

bekky707

#3 Post by bekky707 »

Can you get coloured bands for ceramic braces? That would be great. I thought you could only have them for metal. I'll give my orthodontist a call later.

starryadora

#4 Post by starryadora »

Don't worry. They would have made you go brush your teeth before starting your bonding if you had too much food in your mouth. With the pumicing of your teeth, followed by the rinses, etchant, and sealant...you should be fine;)

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~