ANOTHER loose bracket!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Indian

ANOTHER loose bracket!

#1 Post by Tin Indian »

:( Okay guys,I know this sounds like a broken record but I have another loose bracket. It is now 9 loose brackets to date and they were all on either gold or ceramic crowns. It is the same ole #5 upper right side that came loose, its a gold crown and last time I had an ajustment on 1/19/07 they put on a new bracket then and it now its loose for a second time since then. I stopped in at the ortho's after work today to tell them and they called my house later to say I needed to get spacers in two weeks on Friday and then on the following Monday I am to get a band put on and new wires put too, all in the spirit of healty teeth. And I was was just starting to feel smug in my braces journey. Its a downer I know but at least I can get NEW colors EH! :(
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Tin Indian

#2 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Thanks for the cheering up Denise! I had spacers put in a while back for another bracket turned bad. It wasn't that bad, it looked like a pair scissors on each side of the tooth. And I know this sounds funny but the tooth with the loose bracket is really sore. I fiqure thats because its not supported by the archwire anymore.

Tin Indian

#3 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Thanks KAREN!At least I won't have to change colors to ORANGE,because [b]TONY STEWART [/b]didn't win the Daytona 500!

Tin Indian

#4 Post by Tin Indian »

Thanks Meryaten. I'll be humble more than smug :oops: , but I was just getting real comfortable with them on.

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

I know what you're experiencing. Seems like all is going fine and someway, somehow a bracket comes loose. It does make the naked tooth uncomfortable yelling wrap me in metal, where's my elastic.... I love that color lig, please don't leave me without a wire support!

Seriously what seems strange is I've had several loose brackets. All on the same two teeth.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

ladylee

#6 Post by ladylee »

Hi TI, it sure is annoying. I think I have had a total of maybe 10 or 11 come off and also a molar band. My ortho finally put bands on the ones with the metal and it has been WONDERFUL not having to worry about them popping off all the time. But, I am kind of jealous because you get to have colors, I have Damons and don't have ligs. Lee 8)

Tin Indian

#7 Post by Tin Indian »

:D iBorg and ladylee, Thanks for the kind words, it really does help.
Mike-This is the 3rd time loose on this tooth and the other tooth that did come loose 3 times as well got a band too. This one is ceramic and the other was a gold crown.Go fiqure.
BTW-Lee I have Damon's on botton and the Ortho said I can have colors as long as he sees sufficient movement in them. I sort of had to beg politely to get them .

SDFD TSchott

#8 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Tin Indian wrote: ]TONY STEWART didn't win the Daytona 500!
Sure remind me that he didnt' win the Daytona 500! I hear it on a daily basis at work *Home Depot* and I'm sure that Louis hears about it to :)

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

hd2755

#9 Post by hd2755 »

i hear it daily..

Tin Indian

#10 Post by Tin Indian »

Not to poke fun of you Tony Stewart fans :lol: , but I had a friendly bet with a gal at work that I would have Orange ligs if he would have won and she would have had to wear A Dale JR. shirt if he had won. Good thing Daytona is only once a year.