Serendipity's Freedom - They're Off!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

serendipity

Serendipity's Freedom - They're Off!

#1 Post by serendipity »

Hi Members,

Yesterday I got my braces off - It's the day that everyone of us look forward to. After a ton of adjustments, a stack of pain killers, and a million pieces of floss...15 months later... I'm naked. The debanding let me tell you is not the most pleasant experience. The braces came off easily he seemed to just snip the uppers and lowers off in about 4 clips. The sanding off of the glue was horrible :shock: ! That nasty cold sensation on your teeth makes me shiver not to mention to noise and nasty burning glue smell. The good news is though is only took 20 mins and I was done! :D I've been given essix retainers which are invisible and quite comfortable to wear. I have a slight lisp (not as bad as expected though) but my orthodontist said that is sure to go in 2-3 days. I'll be wearing my retainer 24/7 (excluding brushing and cleaning) for 8 weeks then just for sleeping. :)

When I went back into the office to get my retainers I said that eating was a dream. I explained it like driving a new car...of course driving an old car still gets you from A-B but woah when you get a new one you can really drive in style and comfort. He cracked up and said that was a good one :D

It feels really stange to be naked - good but weird at the same time. My teeth are sensitive and sore at the moment but I'm sure that will past. Oh an intresting thing the orthodontist said to me that it takes a couple of days for your teeth to "set" after debanding so your teeth look even better after a few days. Anyone heard of this? Didn't make sense to me. :?

Hope you all like the pictures...please note I'm WEARING my retainer (reason why I can't bite down completely in the second photo)...HEllo shiny teeth :lol:

~serendipity~

Before Braces:

After Braces:

"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

Jenny5

#2 Post by Jenny5 »

You just have to rub it in, don't you? Ha, I'm just kidding. Congratulations!! Your smile is amazing. What a difference. I can only look forward to the day when I can smile without thinking about it and eat without worry. Oh well, whenever I see pictures like yours, I know it will all be worth it. :) Enjoy your new smile!

maple

#3 Post by maple »

very nice. congratulations.
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

curious about the timing. was your treatment on schedule?

serendipity

#4 Post by serendipity »

maple - My original treatment time was 18 months...so I got a 3 month early mark :D

~serendipity~
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

Nawners

#5 Post by Nawners »

Beautiful!!!! Congratulations!! :-)o
~There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus~

Danielle

#6 Post by Danielle »

Congratulations!!! Your teeth look great!
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

2XRound

To think we started at the same time

#7 Post by 2XRound »

Congratulations. You beat me out by at least 6 months. I am sitting here with a mouth full of elastics thinking how glad I am you are out of this. Keep us posted with life in the world of retainers and best wishes. :)
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;29;124/st/20130308/e/Full+Braces+were+applied/k/91e6/event.png[/img]

[color=#0080FF]
[size=150]Alexandra (Alex)[/size][/color]

BracedBelle

#8 Post by BracedBelle »

awesome smile!!!! :D

flipib05

#9 Post by flipib05 »

WOW!!!! they are amazing!!! congratulations!!!! :BigTeethGrin: :-* :D :jump: :HugeGrin: :banana: :banana: :-88

Amy19

#10 Post by Amy19 »

Oh my god sooooo jealous right now!

such a nice smile :D

congrats

Amy x

[/url]

alexa

#11 Post by alexa »

Congrats!
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

iBorg

#12 Post by iBorg »

I'm sooooooo jealous!

they look great!

Congrats on the journey.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

*boom!*

#13 Post by *boom!* »

Gorgeous!
[/url]

ngbraces

#14 Post by ngbraces »

Early release! Amazing teeth! Beautiful smile! Wow! Can't be better! Congrats! :jump: :thumbsup: :dance:
Full Metal Mouth

chevyhuny

#15 Post by chevyhuny »

Wow they are gorgeous, :jump: a perfect smile! Congrats, and I am so jelous on the eating part. I wish eating felt that good again.

You enjoy every second of it, you deserve it! Good job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Braced years ago, now I am braced again! Crossing fingers this time around.
Damon 3s on 6 of top front teeth. Damon 3MX on all the rest.