I got the bottoms on today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

*boom!*

I got the bottoms on today!

#1 Post by *boom!* »

They weren't sore until I went to eat dinner but I bit through the pain - no pain no gain, right? ;)

I took Advil shortly after dinner and am feeling quite a bit better.

I have two springs on the bottom now to go along with the one on the top. The bottom two aren't activated yet. I guess that will happen next time. The ortho commented on the crowding on the bottom (what the springs are for) and I look in the mirror and just see a bunch of brackets. Dang, my teeth ARE close together! Two of the brackets were put on but not attached to the wire. I suppose they will do that after the springs are activated and the teeth move some. I also have to get powerchains eventually to close the extraction gaps so I'm not really sure when certain things will be done.

I went with green on the top and green and orange on the bottom in honor of St. Patricks Day. Oddly the ligs actually look like teal and peach to me. Oh well.

I haven't had to use any wax at all since the beginning of the treatment (thanks to all those great salt water rinses) and I think I suprised the assistant when I told her that today after she offered me more wax.
[/url]

Joel-

#2 Post by Joel- »

I want my bottoms on too! :P Good luck with yours. :wink:

science teacher

bottoms

#3 Post by science teacher »

Sounds like you are off to a flying start with the bottoms. I'll get the bottoms 3/19. I didn't go with green, I'm not brave enough. I bet they look good.
Kim
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07