Are Damons really speedy?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sherri

Are Damons really speedy?

#1 Post by Sherri »

I had my damons put on exactly two years ago with still no end in sight to getting them off, I had three extractions. My friend had her regular metal braces put on the same day., She had four extractions. Her teeth appeared way more messed up than mine. guess who got her braces off last Wed? Not me! My two nephews are both getting off their regular braces next month after one year, regular metal brackets. My friends daughter has had regular brackets for 15 months guess whos getting them off next month? Not me. i think I would say Damons are just another option but I wouldn't exactly say they were speed braces. These are all with different orthos. The rate I'm going I'm starting to wish that maybe I should have saved up for a face lift instead! I'm going to need it by the time this is ever over!

chevyhuny

#2 Post by chevyhuny »

It may be faster for some people but that doesn't mean it WILL be for everyone. Everybody's body deals with things differently. Then you add in the way each Orthodontist works.

And just because it wasn't quicker for you doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you or your Orthodontist. There are so many different variables for each case and each person its not possible to be faster for everyone.

As long as you get the smile you want in the end its OK. I never really thought the amount of time they claim would be cut using Damon's was that big of a deal. If it takes two or three years for me I'm fine with it, I care more about the outcome.
Braced years ago, now I am braced again! Crossing fingers this time around.
Damon 3s on 6 of top front teeth. Damon 3MX on all the rest.

SimInsomniac

#3 Post by SimInsomniac »

Just hang in there Sherri, I know it's frustrating and seems unfair. Being in school, a good third or so of my year group have or have had braces, and I'm one of the remaining few still with them, and had them over a year more than the others, and it's likely their's will be off before mine (they have regular metal, I have damons). :?
Everyone's teeth move at different speeds, and you can speculate how fast it would have been with metal but there's no definite answer to which is faster in my opinion. So many things affect the progress, mostly beyond your control and the ortho's control.
Like Meryaten said, talk to your ortho on his opinion of your progress and what he has planned.
No matter how long you wait, the end result will be worth it, remember that! :D

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007