But just how fast are they supposed to move?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

yse

But just how fast are they supposed to move?

#1 Post by yse »

Hello all,

I got my braces about 2 weeks ago for the top, and last Monday for the bottom. Now I'm wondering two things:

my top teeth have already started to move - I feel it -boy, do I feel it- and I can see it. But what worries me is that my two front teeth were more in a line that they are now. Should I worry? I want to trust my orthodentist, clearly; when I mentioned it last Monday she said it was fine.

Secondly, is it possible that teeth from the bottom arch might move quicker than those from the upper arch? It's just that my bottom arch is more crowede that the upper one, and I wonder why start with the upper one if it seems obvious that it'll take less time overall.

That's it! Thanks a lot to whoever has answers, bits of answers, anything. :roll:

platinum

#2 Post by platinum »

Secondly, is it possible that teeth from the bottom arch might move quicker than those from the upper arch? It's just that my bottom arch is more crowede that the upper one, and I wonder why start with the upper one if it seems obvious that it'll take less time overall.
In my case top braces come 6-9 months later. There is considerably more to be done with my lower teeth. Maybe your treatment times for both aour archs are more similar than in my case.

Ives

#3 Post by Ives »

Is there room for the brackets on your bottom teeth without interfering with the top brackets. Just a thought.
Braced March 1st 07

NikkiB

#4 Post by NikkiB »

I seem to have the same issue as you do, my top two front teeth were more aligned prior to my braces and my bottom will be done quicker. However, rest assured that this is normal. I addressed this very same issue with my ortho and they said that it will get worse before it gets better. One cause may be that there is a tooth sticking out or misaligned which causes the tooth next to it, which is correctly aligned, to flare out a bit. All of this was explained to me by my ortho, within a few adjustments you will notice that they will begin to return back to normal.

I have only had my braces for a week or so and my front tooth has flared out due to the tooth next to it not being in the correct place. Right not my bite has been completely thrown off. However, just like Meryaten, its being shifted into more of a U shape from the narrow shape that it currently is.

Don't worry, it will all get better. :GapToothed: