Staining

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ChooChooo

Staining

#1 Post by ChooChooo »

Hello,
I have had Damon's since the middle of Nov. When I got them put on my teeth were v. white (so white that the assistant commented on them being nice and white. :) but now.... they look so stained (esp. the bottoms). i brush and floss like mad every day but no difference! I have noticed that most people that post pics, have pretty white teeth. what am I doing wrong :cry:

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Hi ChooChoo

I'm the same (Damons since mid November) and whilst I wouldn't say that my teeth were extremely white they were bettter than they have been in braces.

A trip to the hygienist helps, although even the hygienist expressed frustration as she can't do as thorough a job as she could without a brace in the way. However the deep cleaning that the hygienist does definitely gave me a boost as far as whiteness. The hygienist also suggested that I buy an electric toothbrush, it is early days with this so I am not sure if this will really help but I'm willing to give it a try. Just a thought but I wonder if some of the teeth photos here are photoshopped, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Brooke

#3 Post by Brooke »

Hey there! Denise is right. When I had braces my teeth appeared really discolored due to shadowing caused my brackets. Once my braces were removed, those shadows went away and my teeth looked white again. I would just use a good toothpaste, maybe a whitening toothpaste and that usually helped my teeth... it made them nice and bright. :)
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!

ChooChooo

#4 Post by ChooChooo »

thanks guys! :D I am glad I am not alone.