30 hours 'till braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bsblguy

30 hours 'till braces

#1 Post by bsblguy »

Hi. I'm Mark, i'm 55 and getting braces in 30 hours, feb.26,07 at 2 pm. I'm so excited. I checked into it many years ago but he said I had to have 4 teeth pulled and I wasn't too excited about doing that. Since then I have moved across the country and decided to check again. I found an orthodontist that I liked very well and he said that pulling teeth would be wrong as my mouth would be too small for my tongue and my face would collapse some, So tomorrow I get Damon brackets installed top and bottom. I had a cracked tooth and had a crown put on and 2 cavities filled ( haven't been to a dentist for awhile ) and now ready for braces. He said i only get to wear them for 18 to 24 months. i know I'm going to love them and want them for much longer. Easy to say that now but probably want them off much sooner there were 6 kids in my familly and none have ever had braces. I told my brother last nite I was getting them and he was very supportive. I've been reading stories on here for awhile and will be putting my own experience with braces on here as well. If i can figure out the web cam I just got maybe pics as well. I might need the 4 year old to show me how to do that though, lol.

Dr Jon Harrow

#2 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Hi to bsblguy
just having a look around and saw your post, good luck with the braces tomorrow, my B-day is on the 12thmarch, and although i was a little in shock at first, I'm actually looking forward to the 12th now, mainly due to positive thoughts, some supportive friends (I did'nt know I had), and all the great support from the friends on this site :)
Keep us posted on your journey, just remember to be prepared, just as you would be for any expedition. :)
Jon XX

Ives

#3 Post by Ives »

Hey Mark
Just wanted to say congrats. I go in on thursday march 1st for mine.
Good Luck, it's nice to see more of us guys here ( no offense ladies :P ). This site has been a great morale booster for me. Started out having to be talked into this journey by my wife. And now I'm like you, can't wait to get going. I'll keep an eye out for your reports and i'll try to keep my progress updated as well. Might start a digital journal. Allready took pics of spacers, just not sure where to post them. I'll check the how to forum for help.

See Ya

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

Dreamsmile

9 days and counting

#4 Post by Dreamsmile »

I am 46 and get my Damons upper and lower on March 6th. This has been a big decision for me. I really just want to smile and feel ok about it. Good luck send us some pics.

bsblguy

#5 Post by bsblguy »

Thanks for the comments. I now have my braces on. Everything went smooth. I was kinda surprised about how far they seem to stick out from my teeth but they have been on now for 2 hours and I'm getting used to it already. I'm gonna try to start a journal with some pics. I tried to put a video on you tube, don't know if it worked or not, I've never done it before. It would be under the same name as i use here. :D