traditional and lingual at the same time?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

prettybetty3

traditional and lingual at the same time?!

#1 Post by prettybetty3 »

Just being imaginative...

I know this probaly is not feasible...

Have you even wondered having lingual and traditonal braces at the same time! Would that double (not only the pain) but the treatment time? :lol:

If that was the case, I wouldn't mind the pain and the mouth full of metal!

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Do you mean both on the same teeth?

I'm not sure if that is feasible, but I believe lionfish has top linguals and bottom traditional braces.

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

I do indeed, lisa65.

Absolutely no problem mixing and matching, however I only have brackets on one surface of each arch. There will be no difference to treatment time and I've not had much pain either.

jenfire

#4 Post by jenfire »

I would think that brackets/archwires on both sides of the teeth would inhibit movement to a great extent, not speed things up.
:)
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months