Spring Pictures anyone??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cor1

Spring Pictures anyone??

#1 Post by Cor1 »

Hey all, I was wondering or hoping that if anyone had any pictures of their springs at work in their mouth, (like when you first got them put on, and the progress that they are makin....) especially if anyone has a spring put on to help make space for a wayward molar that is up and inside the arch area..............cause I just feel like the one the ortho put on for mine isn't makin to much progress, and I am really hopin it does or they will have to pull it..................don't really want that, and they were hopin they could leave it it too!! But I was also wondering if it wasn't makin soooo much progress right now, because I also have another spring in front to make room for one of my front teeth, that is in back, and that one is makin lots of progress, by the looks of it, they should be bracketing it up on my next adjustment!!! :D

So I was kinda hopin to get some inspiration with other peoples spring progression stories!!!! :P :P

Thanks a bunch!!

Cor1

pink77blondie

#2 Post by pink77blondie »

I have a spring too and I just got braced last Wednesday and I feel the same way I don't feel like it is working hard or really working at all but I am sure it is. As for pictures if you look at all the posts I have made there is one titled springs and someone did post their picture!
[/url]

[/url]

jenfire

#3 Post by jenfire »

Here are some of my pictures that show the spring, then the attachment of the wayward lateral to the archwire and the progress that occurred over a few months.

~jenfire
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

joney

#4 Post by joney »

Cor1 there are photos on page 5 of my story (click the www in my profile) It does sound as though yours are a bit more complicated though, great that one is making good progress. Maybe the molars just take a bit longer as they are bigger. Hope it gets there for you, it must be possible or the ortho wouldn't try it.

Hey Jenfire
Your hidden lower incisor is very similar to mine but mine was the one on the extreme left. I am at the stage that you were at in your third photo. Can't wait till I am at number 4.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

jenfire

#5 Post by jenfire »

Joney-
I just looked through your braces journal and it looks like you're making a lot of great progress! I definitely identify with the throbbing that you were feeling after the wayward tooth was connected to the wire. I believe it took 3 or 4 weeks before the tooth was up there with the rest. I was so happy when that finally happened. I think the next major thing for me will be closing my bite in the front.

Good luck and I look forward to reading about your progress.
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months