need extractions?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rcsw6

need extractions?

#1 Post by rcsw6 »

I have an overbite and my lower teeth have crept forward over the years to compensate. So I am getting braces (uppers on tomorrow) and having surgery further down the line. I am concerned that my ortho has suggested going ahead without extractions, but I just cannot see where my teeth are going move without gaps to move into. Has anyone got any advice they can gve?

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Check out the surgery section of the forum, lots of people had surgery done and didn't have extractions. I think they move one or both parts of the jaw forward in order to make sure the bite and alignment is correct. Sorry I don't know much about this myself but there are a few people there who had braces and surgery to correct overbites.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)