One week to B-day on the 12th.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dr Jon Harrow

One week to B-day on the 12th.

#1 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Hi Friends
Well sunday evening, and i think at this time next week I will be both panicing and be a little excited about what is to come...12th March My B-Day!! :) , i did not actually think i would be feeling this positive about this ,but it has been the support of all you friends here on the forum that has lifted and encouraged me, in that I knew I was not alone, because here in the UK, well more so in the area I live..the rural South... well it does not seem to happen, well that is to adults,lots of kids have them....
although something interesting happened the other day, as follows... a friend asked me out to lunch in a few weeks, and i said, okay, but if its around the 12th March it will have to be a good soup, or ask them if they have a blender!, and of course i then had to explain, to which they said...i have just finished my ortho treatment...well what a surprise :) :) , a nice one, although i have only seen this person in passing to say hi to, but i had clearly not noticed...perhaps I'm just an unobservant type of person!!!!!!!!
So it looks like a soup lunch... :(
So tomorrow to have my teeth cleaned, then a couple of days at the hospital...and then back to work...and it has just occured to me I'm working on the 13th :cry: so lets hope it is not too painful, or indeed difficult to talk, although the students will be okay, as i had explained before, they are nursing students...i wonder how observant they will be, more that i am I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still thinking about those lig colours, I have eaten two curry meals over the weekend...any colour suggestions guys?...perhaps yellow, although i think that purple or lavender would be good (fave colours), although I had my hair dyed last week,(henna bright red),perhaps i should go for a contrasting colour? :)
As you can tell, I'm still quite upbeat...but I am sure by the end of the wek I will start to get a little anxious...so I apologise in advance.
Bye for now
Jon XXX :) :wink:

Dr Jon Harrow

#2 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Hi karen
thanks for the reply...guess what? I really am joking with some of my comments, i suppose that is my illness generally that has done this, i always see something funny in most things, probably why im always asked to write humerous things..for those in the UK, or have seen it, i sometimes write in Private Eye and was a writer on a TV medical comedy, just a (lucrative) sideline :), have a look at our outrageous t-shirts on the Crohns Zone site..

Of course i know that I am going to be okay, even if i do feel a little apprehensive at times, but i know that I am in a fortunate position to see some of the crazy things that make up the UK NHS.
So today...went to the dentist, who then referred me to the hygenist, but could only do so after the 12th !!, explainations later from ortho and dentist, and i have a 30 min appointment tomorrow(6th) hmm so no appointments for weeks then?, even managed a discount,although that may be due to being in the right place at the right time to calm one of the dentist's nervous/phobic patients...amazing thing hypnotherapy..
So karen was your weeks course worthwhile.?
I shall consider the blog in the braces story forum, is it easy to do?,and then the 'thread' thing? easy?... :?
I shall endevour to look at this forum, when i have some more time.
Thanks for the suggestions, we go to Southall for our curry,I actually learn't my curry skills in India, I shall consider the purple ligs..purple is a great colour anyway. just showing waht an old hippy i am really! :)
I promise I am being positive, although the crohns is being a little negative, but then I'm at the hospital wednesday, and really busy until then, so i won't have time to be ill :) :)
Thanks for the support :)
By for now
Jon XX
Do you still see the hygenist with the braces on?, i have been told this is a no no.

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

Jon the "blog in the braces story forum" is just like you've been doing here on the metal mouth forum with that other thread of yours :wink:

just go here
viewforum.php?f=9&sid=8ec0dd08464c0015e6c12788a634d0d5

and start a new thread, and you can add to it or edit it as much as you wish.

I get Private Eye myself sometimes, when did you last contribute? I'll have a look through my old copies.

Good luck for Monday - oh and a lot of our non-UK friends on these forums visit the hygienist while braced, but hygienists in general seem to be a rare breed on the NHS, don't they? My (NHS) dentist hasn't got one.

Lisa

Ives

#4 Post by Ives »

Hey Doc,

getting excited yet ??????? It will get here soon. Don't worry about working the next day. I was braced on thursday and worked friday, no problems. The worst pain ive had so far has not in any way stopped me from doing anything. It just feels like maybe a tooth ache sometimes, annoying, but nothing to keep you down. I agree with Kiwi, you should tell your story in the stories forum. I know I would read it. :)

See Ya

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

Dr Jon Harrow

#5 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Hi to Lisa, Karen, Ives and other friends
I'm back, well that was a close shave, i went to the hygenist on tuesday, and then to the hospital..hmm one of the stomas was playing up and i was also forming another fistula, so they made me stay in :cry: , but I'm relieved to say that I'm out for the weekend, got to be back at 2pm monday, so that is cutting things fine, but i'm still okay with the ortho as that is on monday morning.
I actually don't know why they made me stay, apart from I live alone and it is a new gastroenterologist, so perhaps erring on the side of caution, so i feel tired, and hungry and fed up :cry: , but still excited about monday :) , as things are still going ahead...so monday is my B-DAY!!! wooohooooooooooo!, the journey will begin.
Thanks Lisa and Karen about the stuff on the other area of the forum, i will start something there like soooooon (!?) or even now if I don't fall asleep!
By the way, hi Ives, yes I'm getting very excited...can't you tell?, so how has been your week?
Actually something interesting happened when i was with the hygenist, She was asking about my Crohns, and then She said.".I too have Crohns", and so we were able to talk properly about the effect it has on nutrition, and thus the body, and with regards to the effects on teeth, ie in with constant vomitting etc, She knew all too well its effects, and so was not judgemental about my decay issues...She even praised me on my overall oral issues, and also She was an expert on oral hygene with braces, so gave me some tips on cleaning properly around braces...so well worth the money spent, She has suggested the usual 6 monthly appointments, saying if there are any problems, She can get the ortho to take off the wire for cleaning if neccessary. :)
Lisa, I usually contribute to the 'doing the rounds' in Private Eye, but i also had a story on the food colouring issues (sudan )..ie with some food being found in ready meals from supermarkets, but that the amounts were so small they would not affect individuals health.(pun intended), by the way did you watch Green Wing?....yes that too( taken from a piece of research ,'Social meaning of surgery'(1992) that I did but was not allowed to publish, in case it gave the unit i was studying a negative image) actually lots of my colleagues wrote stuff for that i think we just got most of the stuff from a combination of everyday encounters from medicine in the NHS, and the fun we have to relieve the stress.
I'm going to have some sleep now...i feel tired...but more in the braces blog to follow.
Bye for now :) :)
Jon XX