Braces Question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Beautemous02

Braces Question

#1 Post by Beautemous02 »

I am in the process of getting braces. I just had 4 extractions on Friday. Spacers on the 22nd and braces on the 29th. I was told that I would be getting clear braces in the front on the top and bottom and traditional in the back. I just wanted to know if this was common and does anyone else have the same thing?

ssfw

#2 Post by ssfw »

I have all ceramic brackets on the upper teeth and ceramic on the lower front and metal on the lower back teeth. I asked my orthodontist if I needed the metal brackets on the back teeth on the upper teeth and he said he thought the ceramic brackets would be fine. He said if he finds it isn't working well, then he can change the brackets at a later time. I think I have the metal brackets due to the elastics. This also gives me a chance to experience both types of brackets and they are both comfortable but it seems that I feel the ceramic brackets, which are not uncomfortable, but just a bit bigger than the metal brackets.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08