Brushing

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nancoy

Brushing

#1 Post by nancoy »

Can I still brush my teeth with baking soda or whiting toothpastes while wearing braces? What do you use to keep your teeth feeling cleaner and whiter? ~Nancy

Mine:
viewtopic.php?t=17426

nickym

#2 Post by nickym »

Hi, I've had my braces on for a week and I'm sure my teeth and white brackets are looking a bit stained already, even though I had my teeth cleaned before I had the brace on. I think drinking tea and coffee is the problem although I'm sure curry don't help either! I've been brushing my teeth carefully with sensodyne whitening toothpaste after every meal but I'm still worried about the staining. Will try whitening mouthwash and baking soda as kk suggests!

Cynnamin

#3 Post by Cynnamin »

If you can discreetly rinse with water, it will help too - my tea habit was staining and since I follow every cup with a glass of water for a "clean rinse" it has also seemed to help! Besides, the water keeps you hydrated so you don't get the horrible dry lips!

IndyBraceFace

#4 Post by IndyBraceFace »

I continue to use my favorite "whitening" toothpaste, and I haven't been reprimanded. I still get stains on my ligs, though.