I'm joining the club! X-rays and molds tomorrow!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SinOnYourLips

I'm joining the club! X-rays and molds tomorrow!

#1 Post by SinOnYourLips »

:shock: Hi! After lurking for a few weeks, I finally decided to register. This website is actually what gave me the motivation and courage to get my ortho treatment. I have a minor problem and the orthodontist told me it'll be fixed in 10months or less...but I was still hesitant. I'm 21 and have a very active social life, I'm also a full time college student and a full time EMT. I'm constantly dealing with people and well....as shallow as it sounds, I felt akward and weird about the whole braces thing and how it would make me look...

Until........I found this message board.
God bless you guys! After readin all your posts I got the confidence and even got excited about gettin BRACED as well.

So I made an appointment for x-rays and molds for this friday (tomorrow, wooo!)

Very excited although still slightly nervious. So I wanted to ask you a few questions:

1. What's the process of gettin the molds done and is it really that gross?
2. How long does it take for them to get the braces ready after the molds and x-rays are done?
3. Should I ask any important questions at this appointment?

Thank you all so much again, and I'll keep you updated!

-Lexy =D

Mommynbraces

Did you get your answers?

#2 Post by Mommynbraces »

1. What's the process of gettin the molds done and is it really that gross?
2. How long does it take for them to get the braces ready after the molds and x-rays are done?
3. Should I ask any important questions at this appointment?

If you have not had your models done yet. Some times it can be gross if they do not use the flavored alginate. Scratch that, even if it is flavored it has a gritty feel and and rubber/plastic tast to it.

I dont know exactly how long it takes but I was given an appointment date three weeks after my impressions were taken. I would guess no longer than 10-14 days if you are like me and had to have spacers placed.

Ask as many questions as you can think of. For starters ask if there will be surgery down the road, pain relief, what happens if a bracket or eleastic breaks, will you need power chains, how often will adjustments be?

Spacers placed: March 13th 2007
Teeth Cleaned: March 20th 2007
Braced: April 3rd 2007

Mommynbraces

Multipul post

#3 Post by Mommynbraces »

I posted something on here on a different discussion and it showed up twice. Does this happen often?

Spacers placed: March 13th 2007
Teeth Cleaned: March 20th 2007
Braced: April 3rd 2007