want to rip my teeth out!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tookie

want to rip my teeth out!

#1 Post by tookie »

Okay, just got these things put on yesterday and at first it felt fine, aside from the feeling that I have a mouth full of rocks. Today, I have had an annoying tenderness and pressure (not pain). THe best way to describe it is when you chew a peice of gum too long and then your teeth and gums get kind of sore. That's how I feel. I don't know what to do. I'm just plain- uncomfortable and cranky. Please tell me this will pass soon. Someone give me a timeline of how this progresses at the beginning. I know there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel.... :cry:

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Give it a couple of weeks for things to settle down.

Make sure you're properly hydrated, do some warm salt water rinses and put wax on any brackets that are rubbing the inside of your cheeks.

This phase will pass and things will get better.

Jillianleab

#3 Post by Jillianleab »

I complained so much in my first week my mom told me to go have them taken off! :wink:

Feeling like your mouth is full of rocks will pass, as will the pressure and tenderness. It's all part of the "getting-used-to" part of being braced!

Hang in there!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

mhiemstra

#4 Post by mhiemstra »

*hugs* I know the feeling - yesterday, when the pain suddenly flared up, I was doing little attempts at pulling my teeth, haha. Today the worst seems to have passed :). Chewing certainly helped, in particular on the most sore areas (do this in private: I was doing little 'eep!' noises each time I tried :lol:)