any advice

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

spacersarentfun

any advice

#1 Post by spacersarentfun »

Hello, new to this forum on day number 4 with spacers and the pain is insane... I am 34 years old and have decided this was the year to get my mouth in perfect health. Any advice other than salt walter gargles for the spacer pain?? I also am 10 days out from having 3 teeth extracted. So pretty much I am on a puddin & mashed potatoe diet.. two more weeks until brace day :roll:

Ives

#2 Post by Ives »

I know what you mean about spacer pain. Mine were real bad as well. The only thing that worked for me was OTC pain meds. Advil seemed to give me the most relief. Though everyone is different. Just keep telling yourself that it will be over soon.

Good Luck

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

iBorg

#3 Post by iBorg »

Chew....chew.......chew

You will never get beyond pudding and mashed potatoes unless you challenge your teeth to go further.

Sorry, I know it hurts but you have to push through the pain. Of course OTC pain killers are a nice helper.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

becks

#4 Post by becks »

Hi, I'm 34 as well and set to get braced in 2 more days! I've got spacers in right now. They didn't hurt the first day or so but on the 3rd day my teeth were really sore. Hard as it is, the best thing is to force yourself to chew through it. Of course, I wouldn't recommend anything hard and crunchy or something you have to chew alot like steak. Ibuprofen works well for me for pain. Stay busy and try not to think about it too much.