Getting Braced Tomorrow

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracedat39

Getting Braced Tomorrow

#1 Post by bracedat39 »

Hi, everyone I am not new to Arch Wired I have been hanging around since September 2005. Although I am just joining.

I have a Maryland Bridge that I have worn like forever and in 2005 my Dentist told me he thought braces would be a good alternative to permanatly close my teeth. I have a 9mm gap between my front teeth.

I have regular dential check-ups but I have a genetic predispsition for gum problems. I had to get a lot of periodontial work done in order to get my gums in condition for the braces. I had scaling and planing done on all four quads last fall and ended up havenig soft tissue grafts in January.

My ortho and my regular dentist worked together on my treatment. Because I have no tooth structure and missing molors. I had to get three implants (like the ones for teeth implants) stuck in the sides of both my upper and one in my lower jaw for rubber bands. The implants did not hurt going in.

My ortho says it will take about 30 months to close the gap and the spaces at the bottom.

I get my Maryland Bridge taken out this afternoon in prep for tomorrow.

It has been a long journey and I am excited about getting my braces tomorrow.

Dr Jon Harrow

#2 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Hi bracedat39
My lower arch was braced this morning, uppers in a month, all the best with your journey keep us posted on how its all going.
Looking forward to reading more here :)
Bye for now
Jon XX

becks

#3 Post by becks »

I'm getting braced tomorrow as well. Had my spacers since last Wed. I'm really excited. Hope things go well for you.