Hi I am new!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sutsee

Hi I am new!

#1 Post by Sutsee »

Ok I am new to this board. I have been in the process of getting braces on since Dec...finally this wednesday I am getting the top ones on. I had to have one tooth extracted after having spacers in for almost 4 weeks. I am 31 and have had many dental issues that have led me to this point. The main reason I need braces is crowding. The tooth next to my front "big" tooth sticks way out and is turned. It actually has gotten worse over the years and I have finally had enough and can afford braces. My bottom teeth are not that bad, a little crowded. But I figure if I am going to do I am going all the way. I am anxious, nervous, excieted all at the same time. I am hoping I am making the right choice. So I could use some cheerleaders!!! I'll keep you posted!

Bethany :?

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Good on you for being proactive. Of course you're doing the right thing.

Good luck for Wednesday.

Sutsee

#3 Post by Sutsee »

Thanks!

Nervous

#4 Post by Nervous »

Welcome to the forums and best of luck on Wednesday :HugeGrin:

delerius

#5 Post by delerius »

Hey!

I'm new to this forum, too, and I found many good advices from old members here. Very useful. This is one good site to bookmark and visit everyday if you have questions regarding your braces.

Good luck to you. I hope everything will be fine.

Wired in Hawaii

#6 Post by Wired in Hawaii »

Hooray for you Bethany!!! I know you will never regret this decision ever! I just had my braces put on Jan. 08, 2007 and I love them! I waited sooooo long for them and I am just stoked! You'll have many many chearleader here supporting you! Cant wait to hear from you on wednesday! You go girl!!!!

Aloha,
Paula

Sutsee

Thanks....question

#7 Post by Sutsee »

Wow super advice and encouragement from everyone. Thanks so much. I have a question maybe someone could answer for me. I woke up this morning and my tooth that is crowded badly and the one next to it is sore. I had a tooth romoved from that side to make room for these teeth to go back in alignment. Has anyone else felt this?

So tomorrow is the big day. 12:30 I am counting the hours down! :D

mary88

#8 Post by mary88 »

Welcome Sutsee, Congrats on taking the leap. What part of Maine are you from? One of my best friends just moved to Raymond. I am from Rhode Island, only been braced 2 weeks. Hope all goes well for you on Wednesday, I will keep you in my thoughts. Congrats again. Mary88

Ives

#9 Post by Ives »

Hey Sutsee, welcome and congrats on making the leap into braces.
Ive never had an extraction so I'm not the best advice giver here. Seems to me that if your teeth were real crowded then all of a sudden theres room from the extraction that things might move a little on there own.
I might be tottally off base with this one though.

Good Luck

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

Pirate Wench

#10 Post by Pirate Wench »

:jump: Good for you making the decision to get braces :jump:

I think it is wonderful that you are taking the opportunity to fix your teeth. I have had may top braces since June of last year and the bottoms since November. It has been a great experience over all. There have definately been days when I wake up in the morning and wonder what I was thinking because of the pain from the movement, but those aren't that often.

Listen to what kk has to say.....she has given you all the advice you should need for brace day. :!: The only thing I would add is......take an OTC pain killer (advil/tylenol) about 30 minutes before your appointment. This will help with any discomfort during the proceedure.
:!:

Good luck!

tjstrout

#11 Post by tjstrout »

So, a year later Sutsee, do you have any advise for a fellow Mainer that will be getting hers anytime now?

Sutsee

one year later

#12 Post by Sutsee »

Hey

Still have them on...looks like another 8 months or so. I must say there are days I wish I never did it, but then there are others I am so happy I just did it. My teeth are looking awsome. I can't wait to get them off though. My advice...just do it. A year has gone by so fast.