Got my braces on today!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sutsee

Got my braces on today!!

#1 Post by Sutsee »

Ok so today was my big b-day...

I felt pretty prepared after reading tons of posts on here. It was really fast and painless. (thus far lol) I went with the clear...we debated my ortho and me and we decided on the clear. I am anxious to start seeing things change. I am very happy to finally have them on. From start to finsih with all the gabbing in between it took an hour. My ortho is really good and took the time to listen to all my concerns about metal/clear. I think we made the right choice for me. The only tooth that you can really tell there is something on there is the tooth that is extremely out of alignment. My two boys 6, and 3 have't even noticed yet. My husband said he is glad we went with the clear. It's been about 5 hours now and I just took some advil since things seem a bit sore. I got a great little kit filled with wax, floss, special toothbrushes, mini toothburshes, some threader thingy for the floss, and lots of cheers from all the staff in the office. So I'm off....22 months to 2 years is the projected treatment time. Off in time for my big 10 year wedding anniversary WOO HOO! I've taken some pics but I haven't posted enough to be able to out those up but I will. Thanks everyone for all your positive feedback!
Bethany<><

CosmicMan

Great Move ...

#2 Post by CosmicMan »

Hi ...

Im 35 now...My big day is tmrw. Shd've been there 15 yrs ago... But the country where I come from... its frowned upon... So it took me 15 yrs and work in the US and $4000 to make the decision. Am going in for Clear on the top and metal in the lower. Thoh I want both clear, my doc said there could be issues with the large overbite that I have.
I've been told by my doc that it would take 20 - 24 months... SOme websites have posts that said some had to keep them on for 4 yrs.
How does that happen? And is 24 months a good time for my age?

-CM

Beautemous02

#3 Post by Beautemous02 »

Congratulations on getting braces. Well, if you kids can't tell them I am glad that my daughter won't be able to tell. I wish you the best of luck on your orthodontic treatment. I am getting ceramic braces in 2 weeks.

Sutsee

Re: Great Move ...

#4 Post by Sutsee »

CosmicMan wrote:Hi ...

Im 35 now...My big day is tmrw. Shd've been there 15 yrs ago... But the country where I come from... its frowned upon... So it took me 15 yrs and work in the US and $4000 to make the decision. Am going in for Clear on the top and metal in the lower. Thoh I want both clear, my doc said there could be issues with the large overbite that I have.
I've been told by my doc that it would take 20 - 24 months... SOme websites have posts that said some had to keep them on for 4 yrs.
How does that happen? And is 24 months a good time for my age?

-CM
Hey

I know that evey case is different. I was first told that I 3 years, but then I had a tooth removed and that cut the treatment time. I think that you should just go with what your ortho says and remember each case is personal and different. Good Luck

Sutsee

#5 Post by Sutsee »

Beautemous02 wrote:Congratulations on getting braces. Well, if you kids can't tell them I am glad that my daughter won't be able to tell. I wish you the best of luck on your orthodontic treatment. I am getting ceramic braces in 2 weeks.
Please keep me posted on things with you! My braces are the "ice" kind. Good luck with your braces!