Braces off! Pics! :-D

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lilzoya3

Braces off! Pics! :-D

#1 Post by lilzoya3 »

So, so happy! Thanks to all who crossed fingers for me! I talked to my ortho about the two touching teeth (see earlier post this morning). One of my teeth, which was extremely rotated and shifted forward, is partially fused, so this will be "as good as it gets" without surgery. He explained that my bite is fine and no worries, so I'm very much relieved! :-)

With braces, as of this morning (ignore the circled area...I was concerned about it for no good reason!):

And after removal this afternoon, here is my bite with nothing on, except my permanent retainer bonded behind my lower teeth, which you obviously cannot see.

And this is with my essic retainer on top...barely noticeable! WOOT!

Now I just wear the top retainer for 3 months 24/7 except for eating, and then have a checkup with the ortho. After that, it will be top retainer only at night! Very happy!

For those just starting or in the middle: do not worry...it seems to take forever, but before you know it, you are bracefree!!

And one more note: the removal of the brackets was painful! Be prepared! It felt like they were cracking my teeth! Although, the ortho explained that it sounds/feels MUCH worse than it really it. Enamel is stronger than your bones...it is the strongest substance in the human body! Fascinating!! :-)

Clairey Fairey

#2 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Yay, Congrats to being brace free. Must feel great :-)

Your teeth look lovely :D

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Very nice! :D

becks

#4 Post by becks »

Awesome!! Glad it went so well. I can't even notice your retainer at all. I gotta get me one of those come retainer time....which for me is not for quite some time. Your smile looks great! 8)

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

what a lovely smile :D you enjoy it now!

starryadora

#6 Post by starryadora »

nice! congrats! :)

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~

Pirate Wench

#7 Post by Pirate Wench »

Nicely done.....how long was your treatment?

enjoy being Naked! :lol: