Anyone ever feel like this?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MiamiRox05

Anyone ever feel like this?

#1 Post by MiamiRox05 »

I've had my braces on for about 18 months now, I still have another 6 months to go. Honestly I had seen some change in the alignment of my teeth and people have told me they've seen a real signifigant change, but really I don't see it and Im just NOT happy with the way my teeth look. Is there really going to be a drastic change in the next 6 months? I just feel like the past 2 years have resulted in my teeth looking mediocre. Im 22 years old, I look alot younger, it really hasnt been fun for me. (Especially turning 21 last year :roll: ) People see the braces, boom automatically assume Im 16. I get a hard time being carded :-+ .
I just got my rubber bands put on to help move my lower jaw over a teeny bit. I also got them tightened the same day, OW. Hurts like when I first put them on! Not enough tylenol in the world to even take the edge off the pain.

Natalie

#2 Post by Natalie »

hi, my estimated treatment time was 9-12 months and i'm 5 months of the way through so the way i see it pretty much half way...but i don't feel like i'm halfway looking at my teeth..i exlained this to my ortho and she seems to think that we are halfway through and that after 2 more wires she'll start to close up the gaps from extractions so...maybe it doesn't take as long as we think to get from where we are to the end...i definately know how you feel!

Nervous

#3 Post by Nervous »

Yes, I admit it can be frustrating. But I’m sure in the end you’ll be happy with your teeth compared to pre-braces teeth. Talk to your ortho about your problems. You’re already ¾ of the way done, you are almost there!! 8)

Pirate Wench

#4 Post by Pirate Wench »

It is your ortho's job to know the time frames.....it is YOUR responsibility to ask questions :wink: . If you don't take the time to ask questions if you have them......then your ortho won't answer them. They can't read your mind and will assume everthing is going the way you would like them to be.