newbie- just had first consultation!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

freckles01

newbie- just had first consultation!

#1 Post by freckles01 »

well, after wanting braces for forever, i just had my first consultation yesterday.

i have a class II bite (?) overjet and overbite with mild crowding on top, moderate on the bottom. about 12-18 months estimated time.

my insurance seems to cover nothing! but the ortho office called and said they could "work" with the price.

i'll need spacers and splints. the splints are expensive- $845. not sure what they do.

i'll hear from them monday and hopefully can start on this process.

so glad i found this forum!

Manicmomma

#2 Post by Manicmomma »

I'm curious to find out what a "splint" is.

Good luck on your journey to a fabo smile!
~~~Courage is fear that said it's prayers.~~~

Carolinahigh12

#3 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Congrats on the journey!! I went to my first consultation on March 21st and I go for my consult with my oral surgeon on April 12th. Remember to ask a lot of questions. I took a notebook with me to my first consult just in case they didnt give me everything that we discussed on a peice of paper, and so that I can ask my oral surgeon questions relative to my tooth extractions!!!

Good Luck!!! We both took the plung!