One year progress pics!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nita

One year progress pics!

#1 Post by nita »

Hi all!
Today marked the end of my first year in braces and the beginning of the second one!

I'm very happy with my progress so far and wanted to share my pics with everyone. The first set is two weeks into treatment, and the second was taken today.

As you can see, I had my four first premolars extracted and I had a small anterior openbite at the beginning of treatment.

Image ImageImage

Image ImageImage

My estimated treatment time at the beginning was 30-36 months, but my orthodontist believes that I should be done 10-12 months from now, which would make my total treatment time 22-24 months! What a difference!

All my progress has been the result of plain old metal brackets, powerchains, wire ties, ligs, archwires, and the ortho's hands. I've had minimal pain and now hardly even notice the braces are there.

I recently switched orthos because my first one moved away, and I am even more happy with my new orthodontist than I was with the first one!

To all you who are just getting started, stick with it! You will be pleased with your results. Braces are what you make of them, and I'm sooo happy that they've treated me so well. :D

Best of luck to everyone on their braces journey! :-88

~Nita
Top brackets and spacers on 2/17/06
Molar bands on 3/6/06
Extractions and full braces 3/27/06
Update: 22-24 months total time in braces!

Zondrae

#2 Post by Zondrae »

Nita you should be really pleased! Your arches are looking good & you have come such a long way in a year. Thanks for sharing with us :D

MariaMetalMouth

#3 Post by MariaMetalMouth »

Wow, that's great progress!!
And congrats on the 1 year mark, we must have had them put on the same day - it's a year for me today too :D
Braced: 29th March 2006
Estimated time 18 months!

chicklets

#4 Post by chicklets »

You pics look great and really show how your mouth has changed. Your teeth are making fantastic progress!!!
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007

Ives

#5 Post by Ives »

Wow, what a difference a year can make. You have got to be pleased with the results !!!!!!!!!! I love seeing progress pics, makes it all worth it.

Congrats on the shorter treatment time as well. Nice Job

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

phanta

#6 Post by phanta »

What a fantastic change :) Congratulations on your anniversary!

And it's great to hear about treatment time get shorter, not longer, like it usually seems to! :thumbsup:

My Braces Story at www.bracedblog.com

nita

#7 Post by nita »

Thanks everyone! :rose:

And a happy braces anniversary to you MariaMetalMouth :-V
Top brackets and spacers on 2/17/06
Molar bands on 3/6/06
Extractions and full braces 3/27/06
Update: 22-24 months total time in braces!

Manicmomma

#8 Post by Manicmomma »

Very inspiring. Thanks so much for posting your pics!
~~~Courage is fear that said it's prayers.~~~