third adjustment and update to EMERGENCY EMERCENCY!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hd2755

third adjustment and update to EMERGENCY EMERCENCY!!

#1 Post by hd2755 »

well this is my second adjustment report.
first they replaced the one bracket that I popped off due to my lack of wire cutting abilities- hey go figure I work at Home Depot and I do not know how to cut wire.. oh well they replaced that bracket with a band after one try with two different ones they got it to fit and what is it with those grooves on the back of the bands makes for a nice tounge exercise. And I am now in stainless steel wires 16's as they called them and they also called them the "working" wires with what they call a "stop" wire now I also have a new thingy: elastics I have the "seals" 1/4 " ones. and my four teeth really ache me right now and now I talk a little bit funny I am in class 3 elastics for now 22 hours a day off for 2 hours for eating. my underbite is slowly being eliminated without jaw surgery. thanks to my doc for the 30,000 dollar savings. I had to laugh at my doc when he said I am unravelling pretty nice here. Well I guess I do have to get going. Will try to get some photos downloaded soon as the technolgy is a bit lacking up here in northern michigan. Snow is almost gone we do have those May piles still here but we are gearing up for Cherry Festival time in Traverse City and getting ready for those "fudgies" to come back here to spend money up north. Mackinaw Island is starting to get back to life will have those "fudgies" aka tourist, clogging up our roads.

Louis

njbeachbetty

#2 Post by njbeachbetty »

Fudgies? LOL. In NJ at the beach, we call the tourists "Bennys" I wonder if every tourist spot's locals have a name for the non-natives?

alexa

#3 Post by alexa »

You call 'em "fudgies" because of the Mackinaw Fudge that they all want to buy, taste and bring home to the peeps back in Indiana, right? :lol:

I swear, I know much more about Michigan than I ever wanted to. San Francisco is flooded with Michiganders, my office especially...we currently have three Michigan people, and have had at least 5 or 6 others since I've been here! One of them is your average Detroit kinda guy. The other grew up in Battle Creek, but has property in Colon Township where he goes every summer...afterall, Colon IS the Magic Capital of the world.... The last guy lived all over the place, AND worked a brief stint in Hell, MI. :wink:

Anywho, back to teeth talk...lol...
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

P.S. I work in the tourist distrcit of San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf).....we just point at all of the people wearing shorts in June, shivering, and laugh. No need to come up with a name. You see, the summer isn't always hot here, so there are always tourists thinking "sunny California", and dressing inappropriately. Plus, in October, we usually have two weeks of intense heat...like 80s and 90s everyday....then we can tell the tourists because they're wearing scarves and sweaters, sweating as they hang onto the cable cars. :lol:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

ladylee

#5 Post by ladylee »

Well LOL, we must be neighbors, that is I try to avoid TC during Cherry Festivle Time. But back to the Fudgies, have you ever been up in the U.P.? Do you know that they refer to us down here as Trolls? Kind of nice to know we're appreciated isn't it? :lol: