Wisdom teeth removal and facial changes

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brandee987

Wisdom teeth removal and facial changes

#1 Post by brandee987 »

My dentist is suggesting I have my wisdom teeth removed as there is minor decay on them. I have HUGE wisdom teeth on the bottom and they are further out to the sides of my cheeks than my other teeth. Anyway for anyone who has had wisdom teeth removed did you notice any facial shape changes?? TIA!!!
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I've only had one pulled (lower) and haven't noticed any facial change.

Naduah82

#3 Post by Naduah82 »

I had 2 bottom wisdom teeth extraced and didn't notice any facial changes. They weren't all the way up though, they were impacted.

becks

#4 Post by becks »

Same here. All four were taken out and no facial changes.
Braced ~ March 13, 2007

brandee987

#5 Post by brandee987 »

Thanks for the input guys! I already have too thin face and I dont want anything making it look any thinner!
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

nickym

#6 Post by nickym »

My dentist has suggested I should have my wisdom teeth removed as they are not all the way through and this causes the gum to get infected and swollen occasionally. I really don't want to have them out unless I have to. There's only about a couple of mm left to come through, does anyone know if it is possible that braces can help bring them through?